Attention All Pilots: Slow Down On Advanced Server

What is 550 kts to airspeed?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

That is going to vary depending on the winds aloft. However, I usually fly around 320 KIAS and that is usually 480-520 kts GS.

3 Likes

yasss! Its about time somebody created this rule!

1 Like

Earlier on Advanced at Singapore everyone was going above 500kts

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Currently you don’t get a vio for flying above 250 kts IAS below FL100 in a fighter when outside of a fields airspace.

Going to be any changes to this? Might aswell just bring the vio back :p

thanks mark terrible when you see people going that fast

1 Like

So awesome to finally have this on advanced .

9 Likes

Just to be clear, this will be grounds for ghosting not a violation?

Also, can you ask that ATC warn first with a check help pages and/or request speed <= 300kts or something? Not for my benefit of course but those who don’t check these forums. I flew ADV for probably 6 mos before frequenting here and would have had no idea of this rule.

2 Likes

TFS climbs to Flight level 300-420 Is .85 Mach to fast?

Aircraft violating this rule will receive 1 warning to slow. Then if they continue at over the speed restriction they will be ghosted.

1 Like

As Tom said, it will be one warning to reduce speed, then ghost.

I will be working with Matt, the developer, to have this turned into a violation on the Advanced Server rather than ATCs job to monitor all traffic for speed.

16 Likes

Man I should of read while I was just controlling 😡

3 Likes

You need ALL your focus on controlling Brandon.

15 Likes

Not many peoples know about this, even who hv xp more than hundred thousand, but still in hurry or they dont know… :D

@Mark_Denton can you make this active for PG? Or no?

Great, thanks.

We considered doing this for the PG but there is no way to enforce this and there is no ghosting.

5 Likes

Its about time someone made this announcement, therefore I thank you very much @Mark_Denton.
I just wish there was a way for non-community members to see this.

1 Like