ATL 2020 in a nutshell!

Hey everyone! This year has not been conventional at all to say the least! That being said though, this year is also far from over and we’re close to the half way mark! With it being almost half way through the year I thought I would show what ATL has been like this year! Sadly, I will be heading down to the airport Tuesday to photograph again. How can planespotting be sad, you ask? I will be going to photograph the final MD88 and MD90 landings. These aircraft are very important to me and the Atlanta aviation scene so it’s only proper to go see the final landing.

Large Planes on Short Routes!
The impact of Corona has cut quite a few long haul routes. This being said we have had large aircraft doing short flights. The craziest I saw was an A350 to Arkansas!

Increased Security
I know this shot isn’t the best image of it but since the pandemic began we have had lots of increased security in Atlanta!

MadDogs
What used to be a normal sight will soon be a past memory. The final MD90 flight arrives into Atlanta at 8:55 AM from Houston followed by the final MD88 at 8:58AM from Washington.

Huge Screaming Machines!
The best thing to come out of the pandemic was the visit of an AN124 to Atlanta as we don’t get these very often. We’re lucky to get one a year and that’s still pretty rare. It was great for me as it was my first time professionally photographing it.

Well, thanks for stopping by! See you on Tuesday :(

(As always, these photos are NOT free to use. Contact me for permission before using)
Instagram: @jackson.aviation

43 Likes

Lovely pictures :)

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Amazing spots!

We’re lucky to get one ever at MSY

1 Like

I think everyone is! Most years we don’t have one but every once in a while we get one

2 Likes

Those A350s are beautiful, I wish some would come to YVR. Even if it was an emergency or a diversion

2 Likes

The A350 going to Arkansas was going to storage.

2 Likes

Very nice pics! Sad to hear that the MD-88 and MD-90 are going, didn’t here about that… or at least forgot.

2 Likes

Yeah still the shortest Delta A350 Flight I’ve seen

1 Like

Yeah it was announced a little time ago and the dates were set for Tuesday

2 Likes

Will you post pictures of the final landings?

1 Like

Incredible pics! I love the Antonov!

2 Likes

Me… I would also love to see this Antonov AN-124 Added to IF

1 Like

Beautiful!

Overall, those are some great photos (especially the MD-80). You also got some great photos of the Antonov. And A350’s to Arkansas, what!? The scene at airports has changed so much because of the virus.

2 Likes

Very nice shots mate, I’m liking those Antonov shots!

2 Likes

The 350 went to storage in Arkansas

3 Likes

Notice how there’s no 777 😭
————————————————
Nice pictures!

2 Likes

I’ve got tons of pictures of Delta 777’s one from this past weekend in the mix. I usually go spotting in the mornings and they aren’t always there that early. They are still flying as of now though

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you like them!

It really has, thanks for your nice words!