ATIS On Training/Casual

Hello everyone! Sometimes in Training server there are these orange, red, and green colors on the runway numbers. I would like to know what they mean. I would also like to know how you can tell what the active runway is when all the runway colors are green. Thanks!

1 Like

The colour refers to the wind direction and the resulting preferable runway. As you should take off into a headwind, you should use the green runways. This doesn’t mean you cant use red ones, it’s just preferable not to. If both runways are green, try and use whichever one again has a headwind or is being used by other traffic.

Also to clarify, there is only ATIS on expert server

2 Likes

Green = Headwind

Orange = Crosswind

Red = Tailwind

3 Likes

This is kind off topic but can’t you access ATIS on training server?

1 Like

ATIS is not available in TS. Only expert.

2 Likes

The ATIS frequency is only available on the expert server

2 Likes

Yeah I know but It doesn’t make any sense. I think it is because people would not know what to do with it but If it was used greatly It could improve the traffic flow. It would also let people know which runways were in use.

1 Like

If ATIS is available in Training server, it’s gonna be a mess.

2 Likes

But How? How would it have a negative effect?

1 Like

okay! Lets just stop getting off topic 😂

1 Like

Anyone can be a controller on the training server. Pretty sure people will just end up clicking everything. Additionally, some Pilots on training server may not know about ATIS. Inexperience on training server is what makes it hard for ATIS to be implemented there.

In addition, we’re getting off topic.

4 Likes

No we cant access ATIS on training

1 Like

Okay lets stop this off topic discussion 😂

@WrongNumberZ I’m assuming your questions have been answered? Anything else you needed buddy?

1 Like

No thanks! I expected you guys to respond in a week minimum, you guys replied in a snap!

1 Like

This and other information can be found in the FAQ.

1 Like