This is a question for our Expert Server controllers, and for pilots that fly on Expert.
Dear IFATCs, when you update your ATIS, you obviously broadcast this to traffic on Ground. Do you also announce this on traffic on your Tower frequency?
Dear Expert pilots, when you are inbound and you hear an announcement for a new ATIS, what do you do?
- I ignore it and continue inbound.
- I quickly tune into the ATIS frequency, then back to Tower.
- I quickly check the D-ATIS.
I only check ATIS when I hear a broadcast to check the ATIS.
- Yes, that is correct. I don’t tune out of a frequency unless I’m instructed to do so.
- No, when I hear an ATIS update announcement, I see this as permission to tune out of Tower and in ATIS and then come back to Tower.
Thanks for your participation and thoughts!