ATIS || no direct RW crossing

This is at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson, I’ve used it once on a flight in real life, I thought it was pretty cool.

1 Like

Hey! I like this request but don’t you think if they implemented “taxi via” instructions it would cover this and more?

3 Likes

Good request! I’d love to see this happen.

1 Like

Good request! I’d love to see this happen.

This is needed! EGLL for example, there are parking spot for cargo aircrafts in both sides of the runway. When oncoming traffic is inbound, and an aircraft taxiing from the gate wants to taxi to the other side of the runway, that causes problems with the controller. This is needed highly

1 Like

Definitely that’s one of the reasons why we really need this 😉.

There is a request for that and I have voted for it. Unfortunately I think it’s a bit complicated to implement so here’s a simple solution to the problem. I obviously like the other feature but if they decide to not implement the other one at least maybe they could put this one.

Here’s the feature:

4 Likes

Taxi via would be wonderful!

I know right. Unfortunately for that they already have to put tawiway maps. Anyway if you’re interested I made a topic with all the important features for ATC. Some go together so it’s interesting to see them put in one place. Like the drag and taxi it only makes sens if you vote for that and the map request…

1 Like

This would make no difference at EGLL since there aren’t any of these taxiways there, aircraft have to cross the runway itself.

Well,Good idea!My callsigh is “RW”,So first sight of the title,have little scared me🙃lol

1 Like

This is more common sense then anything else, people should understand taxiways have priority in use then crossing a runway. Good point you made here.

Personally if people want to cross and it’s busy just let them wait and wait and wait until there is an opportunity to cross them. Do not let anybody pressure you 👌.

3 Likes

Ah, see but thats where your wrong. I’m talking about 09R where there is taxiways to the runways on both sides. But aircraft like to taxi to the other side from the cargo area and complicate things. If this feature was inplemented, I feel it would do us some good.

This is asking for a feature where you can tell aircraft to use the taxiwaysaroind the runway instead of crossing it. These don’t exist at Heathrow, so the feature would make no difference. This isn’t saying you can’t cross. On an expert server you can’t stop people parking where they want to, if they want to park realistically they should be able

Part of the IF experience is crossing runways. Can’t imagine why anyone would want to restrict that. If you want to get from A to B and there is a runway in the way well I’d rather cross it than taxi round the stars to get there. It’s part of the fun for the pilot and controller alike.

Yes I understand your point but you will start doing this and you will wait, wait, wait until you see that no one is crossing to correct way and no one is getting to take off. This isn’t a solution we have to do the crossing the normal way with every pilot now and this is a big loss of time. (Both commands and of runway use)

“Can’t imagine why you’d restrict that?” First of all for realism. No need to go in more detail 😉. Second of all trust me when it’s busy you’d do everything to make the flow go a bit faster. Why is it there in real life? For that specific reason. Since in IF we have much more traffic than in real life we really need to be able to use all of our resources to help the flow. This is part of our ressources so why shouldn’t we be able to use them?

I can understand for the people that haven’t seen the ATC side actually controlling they feel that this is just annoying for pilots. Yes it makes you do a detour, no it does not make you loose time… on the contrary it will make you gain a load of time. It is made in that purpose. Otherwise why would airports spend money on such taxiways? Plus fuel costs a lot so taxing extra miles is expensive… in the end it’s just like a little investment. Instead of loosing 1 minute of precious runway time every 5 Minutes (which then sums up and becomes a lot of minutes after a few hours😉) and loosing time waiting to cross you are just loosing a few seconds of taxi time…

I hope my explanation makes sens and if you still have trouble understanding my point of view please tell me and I’ll happily explain in more depth.

1 Like

Please take this debate to a pm… for everyone else I’ll quickly clear any doubts.

As @Benjwri said this is not a request to stop people from crossing a runway. It is just a request to advise them that to get to the other side they need to take the taxiway that goes around the runway. In this case at EGLL there is no need to cross runway and there is no taxiway that goes around a runway. Meaning that at EGLL you will not use this command on ATIS. I hope this clears your debate. If you still have questions please pm me as this really isn’t the right place to talk about it…

1 Like

It already was taken to PM :)

2 Likes

Going through all this again, maybe an option in the ATIS saying “avoid runway crossings while taxing” is what you mean?

Wording like that might highly confuse members. Something more like “end-around taxiway taxiing is enforced”?

^ Yes, apparently the official name for that type of taxiway is the “end-around taxiway”

1 Like

Wow talking about confusion, never heard of that term before but you are completely right that is the official term.

1 Like