ATIS Improvement

Hey all 👋
This is kind of hard to explain, but I think it would be very beneficial if the atis carried over when there is a controller change. If you’re part of IFATC, you’ll know that when there is a controller change you have to get the supplied atis from the last controller and fill in all the information when you spawn in. What I am suggesting is it automatically saves a preset from the last person’s session so you can automatically fill it in
I get that the ATIS frequency is exclusive to expert server at the moment but I feel this would benefit the large number of IFATC members.
This would not only save time, but it would also not take your attention away from the traffic.
Let me know your thoughts below
Regards, Josh

I think it’s a really good idea. Otherwise when we change controllers we either have time with no good atis or we can’t control straight away

2 Likes

Great idea! What isn’t so great if that now you’ve made me go look for a vote I could remove 😂

1 Like

Good idea!This would greatly help the IFATC

1 Like

Completely agree. What do you think would be appropriate time delay for it? I mean if the controller will come in an hour ATIS may be out of date already

2 Likes

Not sure
Maybe next 5-15 mins after they close

1 Like

Great call - would definitely mean smoother transitions. Maybe could make this option be available up until a new METAR was released?

1 Like

It would be very great!!!

2 Likes

Maybe clear it after the second Metar change without a controller.

Second one to avoid the situation where someone closes, followed immediately by a Metar change.

1 Like