ATIS Frequency

Hey Guys, I’m sure someone on this web has said something already about an ATIS On IF, But I’m gonna bring it up anyway because I think it’s a good idea and I want to put it in detail.

Whats an ATIS?
The ATIS Is A Frequency that you connect onto before you do anything to gather information about the airport, an ATIS will tell you the following

-The Name Of The Airport And Information Letter ( EG. Sydney Kingsford Information M (Mike))

-Tempartures And Wind (E.G. 9°C 26007KT)

-Altimeter/QNH/Pressure (E.G. 1033 HPA)

-Airport Elevation (MSL) (E.G. 502ft)

-Zulu Time (E.G. 1800Z)

-Visibility (E.G. 10KM)

-Clouds (HEIGHT:CONDITION)
(E.G. 2000FT:SCATTERED)

-DEP AND ARR RWY (E.G. DEP:23L ARR:23R)

AN IDEA OF WHAT AN ATIS WOULD BE LIKE ON IF

Out of those, I think IF ATIS Should Mention

Airport Name, Temp And Wind, Airport Elevation, Zulu Time, Visibilty, Clouds And Departure and Arrival Runway,

E.G: London Heathrow Information, Temperature 11°C, Winds At 27003KT, Elevation 78ft, 2023Z, Visibilty 10KM, Clouds 2000ft:Scattered, DEP:27R ARR:27L

Okay So, You Might be wondering, hey why have all that when you can see all that at the bottom of the screen, I think so because I told people to Taxi to this runway and land on that runway, but they didn’t listen and did what they wanted to.

I don’t know, I think it’s a good idea, I think if someone is monitoring GND or TWR An ATIS Should Be Added To Generate All That Information And Select Two Different Runways For DEP And ARR Runways. Also The ATIS Could Be A Bunch Of Text On The Radio Box with The Automated Voice Reading it.

I didn’t come to complain that people weren’t following ATC instructions, this is just a suggestion for The Developers of IF if they’re running out of ideas, and in my opinion, I think it would be cool. What do you guys think?

4 Likes

I think ATIS should be controlled by the game, not a real person

3 Likes

Cool tutorial! And a really good read! We all appreciate the effort you put in but unfortunately this is a duplicate ;

3 Likes

It’s not my fault it’s a duplicate. I was merely explaining to him about searching in future. And for your information the complements were sincere I did enjoy reading this

2 Likes

@AggieAirlines… Obviously you are unaware of the human interface required and associated with ATIS. Please tell me how a machine or program addressing an Active Runway change for example would be instituted? Max

2 Likes

This has been covered before.