ATCs on approach

I’m just doing a flight (training server), and an ATC is spamming me to contact approach (SoCal). Now I would, because I’m actually heading to KLAX, but the “tune” button is greyed out, so I guess I’m still too far out to contact them.

What do I do in such a situation? Ignore?

Also, would something like this happen on the Expert Server potentially resulting in a ghosting if I am unable to contact Approach? (would be good to know for when I am qualified for the Expert server :) )

Just mute till you’re in range, ATC on the expert won’t spam, they’ll ask for you when available and if no response they’ll ask again in another minute or 2

1 Like

If you have no way of contacting Approach, then you’re not in the wrong. You should just ignore until you are in range of the frequency.

As this was Training server, I wouldn’t worry about it. Probably wouldn’t happen on Expert, but if it does, just ignore.

1 Like

Approach should not be contacting you unless you are within 50 nautical miles of the airport and below 18,000 feet. Just ignore him until appropriate and message the user if you can get his name to explain what he’s doing wrong.

2 Likes

That’s very clear, thank you. I was over 100nm out and still at FL280

2 Likes

Pleasure! in case you’re wondering or if it happens with the tower frequency, their range is below 10,000 feet and within 25 nautical miles.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.