Atc wrong calibration and control of the plane

Device: iPhone 14
Operating system: iOS 17.0.3

The airplane suddenly calibrates to a random calibration, and so when I land visually and idk that the calibration has changed, I may crash, happened already twice in a flight and it was in ground, and happened yesterday and it was landing in chicago

2 Likes

Hello!

Sorry to hear.
To start with, are you doing anything at the time of the random calibration? Turning off autopilot or something similar?

3 Likes

nah idk why it happens, like I calibrated the device correctly and when I was about to land it had like “another direction” of the calibration

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same problem using an iPad
For me, on short final it happened twice today
Upon disengaging AP ALT control the aircraft either shot up or down even though the calibration never changed from before takeoff

4 Likes

Same issue, iPad Air 5. I’m not sure how to gather solid proof since it doesn’t happen every time but it has happened to me twice since the update.

For me, it happens when I disengage autopilot. The calibration could be happening at any point during the flight though.

I probably hold my iPad a little differently between takeoff and landing, but each of these (both pitch ups) were strong enough to nearly stall me out. I know @Altaria55 had this issue with roll where his A321 flipped entirely over before he could even process what was going on.

5 Likes

I think this update contains a lot of problems.
Sometimes crashes while flying. 3 times for me.

2 Likes

We’re fully aware of that unfortunately and we have addressed that in numerous topics. However, this topic is not about crashes.

The good thing there though, is that we have a hotfix on the way that will cover a lot of the crashes we’ve seen. So stay put <3

2 Likes

Thanks!

I think we have managed to narrow it down after many, many hours of testing. Reproducing it was close to impossible…

It’ll be included in the next hotfix we’re currently preparing.

5 Likes

Yep THis happened to Me Twice when I flew to salt lake city and to JFK I was gonna report this but I Thought the problem Was me But when I saw this Comment I said damn This Guy is having the situation as me !!!

I saved the plane good thing I didn’t crashed but I almost did

I just had the issue 3 times, all the time happened as follows:

3-2nm before touching ground, A/P OFF
Immediately, the Trim ‘bar’ goes all the way up, and the aircraft goes all the way down, crashes or bounces on the runway/taxiway.

I was able to capture the moments when it was bouncing on the runway. You can notice that the trim indicator goes full red and up.

During the cruise, I usually place the iPad on a stand whose angle is the same as the degree of pitch down (45%). I’ll try a flight with the iPad on a flat surface and see if it improves.

1 Like

I applied the hot fix update and the first flight after was fine but then the aircraft on my second flight after the hotfix did the same thing and shot up after I disengaged autopilot

Has this still happened to anyone else

1 Like

How can you install a hot fix ?

1 Like

It was in the App Store for me this morning (US)

2 Likes

Oh I’m glad this wasn’t just me - I’ve been doing ‘wheelies’ down the runways the last few days 😂😂😂

4 Likes

nice, thx for the help

1 Like

hi @schyllberg sorry to disturb, the issue continues to persist…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.