ATC (Voice) Server

So this might be a bit complicated to explain but I feel it will be pretty good. All the topics about this are about a year old so they’re outdated but I know most of you will say “Oh, people will say bad words” or “You won’t understand what they say” so we will have a training ATC server and if someone says a bad word into the mic they get banned from the server and some other punishment and maybe we can have like different servers for different languages people speak so if someone speaks one language and ATC speaks another language they don’t get confused.
I know this won’t takeoff (bad pun) but it’s a good idea in my mind

Many people have requested this and yes. People are disrespectful and some don’t speak fluent English. It would also take a lot of work to implement this system.

5 Likes

There’s groups who do this already, it’s called IFVATCS. Real life standards and are very professional. Also the international ATC language is English so you wouldn’t need multiple servers for different languages

5 Likes

however you can get friends together and have flights with verbal atc. pm @oscar_mur. He is part of an Infinite Flight Verbal ATC Services and can make verbal ATC communication possible for you/

4 Likes

But if we have a so called Training serever, who will. be there to ghost people?

4 Likes

There is a reason the topics are outdated… nothing new to be said about it. Not everyone has perfect English, not everyone wants to talk, not everyone can be understood easily depending on their mics which on tablets can be bad, people on the training server can’t be trusted to Ghost as they haven’t been given permission to access the server meaning anyone can do it… the list goes on.

5 Likes

It would be easier just to have separate brach of IFATC controlling and having to join a Slack team and pass some test to join the server :) That way you have the username of everyone on the server and it’s easier to contact everyone. But still there will be some problems.

Edit: Out of topic, I didn’t know you cloud reply to your own message :)

4 Likes

FDS closed TS2 a while ago, because of server costs. If they have 10 servers all for saying a different language that gets really expensive, not to mention country laws surrounding this. And as many others have said if you want to do this join a VATC.

1 Like

We would need a moderator on every frequency to make sure they didn’t swear. This is impossible because of… no I don’t want to say it. I just can’t. Alright I will put it in spoilers

TS1

AHHHHHHH!

1 Like

This won’t happen.