ATC violation summary

Introduction

Hello community! In this topic I will share with you an idea that I feel will benefit everyone on the expert sever. The idea is regarding violations and the ability for controllers to provide more information to pilots after a violation has been issued.

How it will work (pilot perspective)

When pilots receive a violation it will go into their logbook

From here pilots can usually access their violations. This includes the level of violation and the short summary reason for why the violation was issued.

The idea would be that you would see something as follows…

The violation appears on the log book and is able to be followed through to a drop down menu which could display the following information.

As seen here, the controllers’ notes would be the new feature added. This would be a short summary given by the controllers’ in order to provide the pilot with their perspective of the violation and why it was issued. It would only be short, maybe a paragraph, but it will provide more clear and precise information on the violation to the pilot. The pilots can then use this to understand the resolution of the violation and refer to the user guide as to whether they then want to contact appeals.

Furthermore, the pilot will be notified that the violation status is updated when the controllers’ submit their controller notes for the violation. This will help also pilots find the controller notes more easily.

How it will work (controller perspective)

After the controlling session the controllers’ will have the option to review violations. In this option they can review the replay of the controlling session at the relevant part. Furthermore, there will be option to ‘add note’ to the violation to which the controllers may add a summary as to their perspective of the violation.

Why will this be good?

In many circumstances the one sentence violation does not provide the pilot enough information for them to understand what they have done. With more information and the controllers point of view they can better understand why they were given a violation.

Also controllers’ can really benefit from this as well. The act of writing out the violation can really help the controllers when reasoning violations. It also helps for them to express their point of view to the pilot in a very constructive way.

The appeals team will also benefit from this as they can then review the controllers’ notes when judging a violation which can better help them understand the controllers’ point of view.

Nice feature, voted 👍

11 Likes

Would be cool to have an ATC logbook in general.

7 Likes

That would be awesome, you have my vote on that one!

4 Likes

This is a great idea! You have my vote.

4 Likes

Excellent idea and very much needed. Will avoid a lot of back and forth between people that goes on now!

2 Likes

Good idea. Voted.

3 Likes

This sounds like a great idea! I voted for it

2 Likes

Great idea, voted!

2 Likes

Great idea

2 Likes

Yes! This would be a great additional feature.

2 Likes

Got my vote. I agree that having to review and a note will give more judgement to if the violation was serious or just a lot of traffic and stress…for the record, pilots should adhere to ATC instructions.

2 Likes

Yes, it definitely helps to make sure violations are given with proper reasoning and judgement.

1 Like

You have my Vote 👍

2 Likes

As an IFATC controller I would love to have this feature. You have my vote!

2 Likes

Great to hear!

1 Like

great idea, voted

2 Likes

Voted. Great simplicity!

2 Likes

Thank you for the support on the feature :)

2 Likes

I would love to see this one day! Voted!

2 Likes