ATC Unfairness

Ok. I was fly my 737-900 at advance server
I was park next to another grade 3, he was a a320.

We both request runway 14lL. He got to taxi to runway 14l but ATc told me to go to right. Runway 14l had no traffic and no one on approach their. Runway 14r had about 3 aircraft hold short runway and 1 aircraft almost on landing.

Someone explain to me why I can’t taxi to runway 14l but someone else can

I was at Kula Lumpar tower

1 Like

What airport were you at?

1 Like

You are supposed to follow the instructions of the ATC, if you don’t want you can go to Playground Server or Free Flight.

15 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

19 Likes

What you think about the traffic flow is irrevelant. I’m sure that the controller had a perfectly valid reason for sending you to a different runway, which actually isn’t such a big deal in the long run. He was probably just spreading out traffic. If you still feel that you were treated unfairly, PM the controller and they will explain everything :)

7 Likes

Yes I know, but they are more flexible on that type of situation.

2 Likes

I will not contact the ATC because is not an issue.

3 Likes

You can request a specific runway

4 Likes

There’s no issue for what contact the ATC
It’s just an instruction. You can taxi to that runway or click end flight. Does are your options.

3 Likes

You can do that too.

1 Like

Contact the controller and see what they say :)

1 Like

I’d take screenshots and get in touch with a ATC moderator and also with the controller and talk about the issue. :)

3 Likes

@boeing380, remember, controllers may send that plane to that runway because he might be doing pattern work. Remember, relax!

4 Likes

Just like arrivals, departures need seperation as well, your still going to be able to take off regardless just a bit of a longer wait.

When advanced controllers have multiple runways we try and utilise all of them, sometimes that’s departures on one and arrivals on another but that doesn’t always work out.

1 Like

We split runways to make the flow faster. He was probably just splitting departures to avoid there being a long line

3 Likes

Look I learnt it the hard way I got reported for not following the atc instructions you must follow all atc commands do not go crazy and disabey orders that’s how crashes start. Would you want to wait in a que for ages sat staring at a seat? Not fun in real life delays cost millions

2 Likes

Just has the same thing happen to me at KLAX. Was on final and then American cuts in front of me (he should of been ghosted) and makes me switch runway and then makes me go around…

Is that not what he did? Lol

Yeah but I was just meaning request it again you can say unable ATC isn’t in control or in charge of your aircraft the pilot is

You may be in charge of your aircraft, but the ATC is in charge of the airport and airspace. If you dont like what he says, too bad.

2 Likes