ATC Tutorial (T&G)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Downwind is where you are parallel to the runway, and base is where you make the turn to become perpendicular to it before making another 90 degree turn onto final, as per the diagram above.

Check here for more info.

10 Likes

Soo helpful

1 Like

I hope you didn’t fly on the expert sever before you learned this just now. Lol. 😄 If you did, I bet you heard check help pages frequently.

1 Like

ts1 thankfully lol.

2 Likes

ahem

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/do-not-use-filler/26435

Please don’t use filler, thanks. :)

1 Like

Sorry :_( didn’t know.

1 Like

Nice tutorial!

1 Like

Great tutorial! Kudos to you! :)

1 Like

@mattrich @CptNathanHope Cheers guys!

2 Likes

How do you use “all aircraft” messages

Command list of any aircraft> broadcast message> your message

Are you sure the upwind phase is named correctly? I think it’s left downwind leg instead and the departure leg is actually called upwind.

Which of my posts are you referring to, Mushabir?

The one which had the picture of the pattern legs. Btw, nice spelling of my name, seeing it for the first time in my life 😅

Yep, I don’t see a problem with it. [quote=“Mubashir, post:25, topic:67865”]
Btw, nice spelling of my name, seeing it for the first time in my life 😅
[/quote]

My apologies, Mubashir :)

5 Likes

I believe that departure leg is when you are aligned with the runway, and upwind is a reflection of the relative downwind leg.

2 Likes

They are named correctly the departure leg is in line with the runway. An upwind leg is side stepped from the runway on the opposite side of the traffic pattern. You will use the upwind leg in a go around situation. It really doesn’t apply anywhere else.

4 Likes

I received a couple of time an order to extend upwind after a touch and go. I was flying in the pattern. My thought was that the ATC wanted a more extended horizontal separation between me and the other traffic in downwind. Is that correct?