ATC Training

ATCEG is a group that people that would like to become IFATC in the future can join and control on the expert server.

@Trio is the best person to contact if you have any questions in regards to ATCEG.

ATCEG (Air Traffic Control Education Group) also posts informative information regarding IFATC procedures.

1 Like

ATCEG is managed by Trio,
We have IFATC members inside the organisation helping with social media and video editing.
The ATCEG helps pilots and Air traffic controllers with well, a lot. From what marking on the runway mean, to how to better improve atc skills. ATCEG posts daily on twitter, instagram and ever now and then on YouTube.
Some pilots like to add in ATCEG in their username just incase pilots have questions about certain things they can come to us.

3 Likes

I’d direct anyone to this topic that is looking for help with their controlling, the IFATC training team is a great program to be a part of if you’re trying to improve and very well run!

If you’d like to learn more about the ATC Education Group go here, we used to help people train but have moved on to just focus on education through the content we publish. If you have any questions about either IFATC training or the ATC Education Group, feel free to message me. :)

1 Like

@Doonies I tried sending you a PM, but IFC gave me a message saying you aren’t accepting PMs. Can you send me one?

1 Like

My question is, in order to control do I need to be proficient as a pilot In the Sim? I I purchased this to control airplanes. I am new to the platform, but I am a National Guard Radar Controller. Can someone explain the process of gaining levels on the forums. THANKS! my real life initials are AL

4 Likes

@Jonathon_Leach welcome to the forum yes you have to play and get to grade 3 before becoming IFATC but you can control on training server just don’t expect anybody listening to your commands.

3 Likes

Hi! Welcome aboard, you can control on training server to get grip of all the controls, you must have good knowledge of air traffic already, it shouldn’t be an issue, not all pilots on training server bad, maybe around 10%. Just ignore them. And you can set up your own “atc tracking thread” to get experience, ppl will join your session.

Here is mine for a example Sashaz55’s ATC Tracking Thread - (CLOSED @KMIA)Training server

1 Like

Welcome, AL! Nice to have some real world experience. You’ll find a lot of parallels and a few differences to what we do in the real world just to make it accessible to everyone regardless of skill and technical knowledge.

For real world controllers we aren’t as picky, as I realize you’ve already got your own technique and approach to controlling. Hope to see you on board soon.

TJ

2 Likes

Thanks I just had a very good session, not quite the real thing very enjoyable though. I didn’t know I could create a session perfect I’ll definitely do that. Thanks for showing me your tracking thread.

Al

4 Likes

First off thank you for your service @Jonathan_Leach

1 Like

One question I have it doesn’t appear like my operations are updating? I started a 45 minute session with 186 it didn’t update is there a refresh period for it to update. I got on here because im going TDY in a few days and it really is helping.

I love it, it’s a stepping stone i am working on my degree and may try to OTS for a pilot slot one day in the next 3 years.

Guess I’ll learn to fly, my phone isnt too good may swap to my tablet.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’ll take up to 24 hours for those operations to reflect on your stats. The server is collecting the data as you go but the time for it to show may vary. Always close and relaunch the app as well to see the most up to date information.

OTS would be a great route! They’re hurting for pilots. I just separated from Active Duty and started controlling at a federal contract tower in February. Shoot me a message if you’ve got any questions or want to chat. Welcome!

Awesome, great I love both tough choice depends if I get an FAA bid while in school, I definitely will keep in touch is there a way to add friends or contacts?

1 Like

How do I contact a recruiter
I don’t have the message icon that everyone says I should have in the forum

Hi there,

In order to access the personal message feature, you need to be a TL1 on the forum. In order to get to this trust level, just reply to some topics and be active on the community. Doing the following will get you to TL1 in no time.

2 Likes

How do I become IFATC do I apply or something

@Elliott

1 Like