ATC Training

If you are currently 12 years old, you still won’t be eligible for IFATC by April 2020.

4 Likes

Firstly, just make sure you meet the requirements at that time (see Naro’s message above). Can’t start your journey otherwise!

If you’re good to go, then I would watch the ATC tutorials on YouTube(1) to learn the basics and then venture into more advanced controlling material.

While doing this, I would also create an ATC tracking thread(2) so users from the community can fly for you while you are practicing on the Training Server. Chances are these individuals will behave in a professional manner and then provide you with feedback and advice.

One thing I did during my training which helped me was to spawn at an airport on Expert and just observe how the traffic is being managed. I’m more of a visual learner, so doing this greatly assisted me.

My personal advice would be to fully prepare yourself going into your theory and practical exams when you decide to take those steps. Going in fully prepared and confident in your abilities will take your stress levels down and will increase your chances of just being yourself and passing the exams.

And as always, IFATC and the community is here to answer any questions you may have.

I wish you the best of luck in your IFATC journey!

Edit: Hopefully they see this in April

References:

(1) ATC Tutorials
(2) Tracking Thread (one example)

6 Likes

Sorry but it says that you must have completed one written knowledge exam-does that count if you failed it? Just failed my written with 76%

Yes just fill out the training form and a trainer will get back you when they are free

4 Likes

Can i join as IF ATC ??

Like Panda said, message one of the recruiters if you qualify.

I cant find how to message someone at this website :(

That’s because you aren’t at trust level 1. Keep posting and you’ll be able to soon

Thankyou so much bruh ! 🙏🏻

1 Like

infiniteflight please help me!!! I just got reported on Expert server KDAL, he told to contact tower, but I couldn’t because it wasn’t showing on my screen, so I didn’t know what to do, I’m back to grade 2, please help me!!!

1 Like

Hi there!

Please check your logbook and let us know the name of the person who reported you. We’ll help you get set up with the controller. :)

1 Like

Please attach a screenshot of the message from your logbook so we can find who the controller was. @TaipeiGuru and I will do our best to help you out!

1 Like

Looks like @CaptainDixon is the controller at KDAL.

1 Like

That’s him. Please tell him I couldn’t contact him because tower was not showing on my atc. I was afraid that I was going to get ghosted.

Hey, in future if that’s the case I advise you not to risk it by just entering the runway and taking off without permission after a few guard warnings as it’s unknown to me that you can not contact me.

2 Likes

But otherwise I’d think your free to have your ghost reversed, it’s up to a moderator I believe?

I didn’t know there was tower atc. It show one person was doing ground atc. So how I’m supposed to earn grade 3 back again? This really sucks that I lost a grade over something crazy. I’m really upset!

A moderator can instantly remove your ghost and you will be back to whatever grade you previously were so not to worry

It’s been reversed, @Jeffrey_Jobe. Welcome to the community!

2 Likes