ATC Training Team

I like this idea!

2 Likes

So you! :) thank you!

Great post Tyler, as we have a dedicated group of Scouts looking to help out. Be patient as they will be getting many requests for help. Also keep in mind they have lives , and also big time differences can be a factor. // Recruiter

9 Likes

For all interested, I live in Europe for time differences issues.

3 Likes

Please contact only 1 scouter.

Thanks

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

This is great! I can see a more realistic and advanced ATC around the corner…

1 Like

No worries, i got really nerveous on my practical too! You’ll get it next time! Looking forward to seeing you on the team :)

1 Like

MaxSez: Kudo @Tyler_Shelton there’s nothing like a mentoring program to guide and professionalize a “Craft”. Could the next giant step be an FDS sponsored Fledgling aviator mentoring team? One is certainly needed, possibly its been overlooked or considered to difficult. I’m confidant there are IF Eagles who would be willing to step up and volunteer their time to get us “All” singing from the same sheet of music.

11 Likes

I have to wait 6 more months to take it.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more! We could really use some pilot specific direction. I’ll be pushing to start that movement. We can adjust the system, add ghosting options, or even restrict the servers, but nothing can supplement a lack of knowledge. Education is key!

23 Likes

5 Likes

It’s great to see this coming together! We all hope that this program will really push forward a new concept of informing, training, and helping people become the best they can be while controlling. It is our desire that as many people as possible receive the best available education in order to make informed and sound decisions. We don’t want aircraft losing minimal visual separation, do we? ^-^

If anyone wants to contact me or have any questions, my door is always open. We have plenty of other trainers who are willing to pitch in to propel Infinite Flight and IFATC to new heights! We have a great future ahead, and we need your help in making this goal a reality. ;)

7 Likes

Now this is a great idea! This should bring up the skills of new and current controllers to make the IFATC team the best it can be :)

3 Likes

Glad to have joined the team :) Can’t wait to start helping out!

9 Likes

What do experience, and requested training mean?

1 Like

Meaning:

“I have spent 3 weeks controlling on the playground server so far… I understand everything but would really like some clarification and training on runway changes.”

6 Likes

Can I do this if i’m underage for advanced ATC (i’m 13 will be 14 in July)?

2 Likes

Yes, you can start training whenever you’d like.

5 Likes