ATC Tracking Thread Getting 0 Views

Hi IFC. My ATC tracking thread has gotten zero views or comments. What do I do to get more people following the thread?

1 Like

I recommend bumping it by stating that you are open in an airport when you comment, and stay open for as long as possible.

1 Like

Hi Lucas.
#support is for issues/problems related to IF
In terms of your tracking thread, just stay open for longer, and eventually it will start to attract more people
Thanks, Josh ;)

1 Like

Ok, sorry about that

Don’t expect many people to show up at your airport unless you are controlling places like KLAX, KJFK, KSFO, etc. Most of the people that come are either from IFATC or have a lot of ATC experience.

The thing is:

People have lives and you can’t expect them to show up all the time. Be patient and people would show up. It takes time to be IFATC. A lot of hardwork is involved to make sure the expert server has the best quality ATC.

1 Like

Tip for your track thread: in your title, add the airport and [open] when you are controlling. Don’t forget to change to [closed] after you finish your session.

There are pilots that help ATCs that are practicing. Often they search for [open] on this forum, to see who is active.

And for once I disagree with @BigBert10 on this one; for practicing I suggest you open a less obvious airport, with parallel runways. EGLL etc gets busy very quickly when you open, not always with helpful pilots.

2 Likes

Generally, when I open an airport, I stay at least an hour there, although it takes a pilot to appear. As stated above, the key word there is patience.

2 Likes

I open mostly at KSJC and it has parallel runways. I was answering a question above asking why no one showed up that the airport he was going to practice at.

Yes, open at less obvious airports. I decided to open for a little bit at KSJC the other day and @Matthew_Chan showed up and gave me feedback. I didn’t update my tracking thread since I was not going to be there a while. @Matthew_Chan saw that KSJC, a less obvious airport near KSFO, was opened up and decided to see who was controlling. He then ran into me.

So yeah, I do open at less obvious airports like my home airport.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.