ATC Tower - Shots

Good day Pilots,

Today I had an amazing day because I was allowed up the Tower at MUC/EDDM. I would like
to thank all ATC‘s for their effort and making sure all flights make it to their destination safely.
We wouln‘t be able to fly with out them. Because of that I would like to open this topic where you can show us
any of your Tower shots if you have been up one.

Here is one of my Tower shots

2nd Tower shot

Thank you to all the ATC‘s out there,

Pilot M

28 Likes

Great Shot! I have to agree from much experience that the ATC tower has to be the best place to spot. Would love to see more photos from you. 👍

1 Like

I have been up in one. I was doing a interview on a ATC. I don’t know if they let us take pictures. I’ll have to look.

1 Like

how??? what??? How did you get up there?

1 Like

Pretty surprising that you got a camera into a functioning ATC tower. Perhaps EASA rules are different than the FAA. Either way, pretty cool shot from what I’m sure was an awesome experience. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Really depends on the airport, I’m surprised this was taken in EDDM. I know my small local field accepts the odd visitor to the tower seen as they dont get much traffic at all.

6 Likes

Agreed. I’ve been to some big Bravo towers like LAS and MEM, and even Nellis AFB tower (along with many smaller towers) but we are always instructed not to have cameras and no pictures allowed.

4 Likes

Yes you can follow me on Instagram @aviation_eddm ;) ATC shots are coming soon.
If you don‘t have Instagram just send me a PM 😃

1 Like

Yeah germany has different rules but nice to hear that you have been up one

1 Like

Do you guys want to see more shots?

1 Like

Yes please 😛🙃

2 Likes

Wow, that sounds awesome 😍 Been to Munich Center last year, that was a great experience too, just the view…well…wasn’t as fantastic as it’s from the tower haha

3 Likes

yeah…😂 but it was amazing and big thanks for your awesome job editing IF airports1😃

1 Like

Great Shot! Just curious how do you get permission to go up to the tower? I’ve always wanted/wondered how to do that in Toronto

1 Like

Through someone who we know ;) I think the rules are different in Germany

my instagram: aviation_eddm
shots coming soon 😃

1 Like

Who do I need to know? 😂 was it a ramp controller or one from DFS? 🤔

1 Like

he used to be an ATC. Ret. not to long ago

Really nice shot of the aircraft! 😊 hope that you had a fantastic day up in the ATC tower! ✈

1 Like

Thank you!! I did ;)

2 Likes