ATC To aircraft communications

So I’ve been doing a lot of practice atc on the training server and I’m getting pretty good I was able to organize the ground at EGLL It was extremely chaotic but honestly one of the biggest things that slowed me down. Is win multiple aircraft request in a short amount of time when you’re trying to just click on one specific aircraft jumping up and down the list because other people are queuing to the top of the list of most recent inquiry.

I think it would be a lot better if the list didn’t move but instead a number would appear next to somebody to show how long or the order they queued …

Let me give you an example

Let’s say this is what your list look like

Cactus 1549 9r. ((Atc))).

Speed bird 112 …((atc))).

Air Canada 679 … ((atc)) .

Now if you were about to click on speed bird 112 because she should pushback from the gate first in the area where there’s 10 other aircraft try to push back obviously I didn’t make 10 spots but you get the idea And just before you click it Air Canada send a message it changes the order of the and just before you click it Air Canada sends a message it changes the order of the queue list NFL five aircraft do it at the same time you have to then search up or down the list for the aircraft you’re trying to communicate meanwhile Making more time for other aircraft to standby

1.     Cactus 1549   9r.  ((Atc))) 

2.       Speed bird 112  ...((atc)))

3.      Air Canada 679 ... ((atc)) 

Pros and cons of this idea first pro obviously the list to no longer move around

Second pro it would help you not forget aircraft the higher the number is the longest they’ve been waiting and if on average the numbers only go up to five because you’re on top of things and then you notice as you’re catching up somebody have a number eight or higher you know oh crap I missed them

Now before I get any flack on this point I will say I personally have been playing in the expert server and ground forgot about me

Hey it happens in real life :)

Example “yes I copy and pasted”

1. Cactus 1549 9r. ((Atc)))

2. Speed bird 112  ...((atc)))

3. Air Canada 679 ... ((atc)) 

So obviously above Air Canada Sent thare message before eight other people send their messages
Again I know there is not eight people here I think at the bottom of this I might make a full-scale example

Insert editing notes I also think it would be cool that the longer they wait the numbers change color from yellow to darker intervals on my way to Red

One of the biggest con I’m going to address right away obviously one of the biggest issues would be if the list.no longer move what happens when you have an aircraft down low in the list you would have to keep constantly scrolling up or down to see that aircraft
One of the biggest cons I’m going to address right away obviously one of the biggest issues would be if the list no longer moves what happens when you have an aircraft down low in the list you would have to keep constantly scrolling up or down to see that aircraft

easy solutions

a blinking notification letting you know there are aircraft waiting and you need to scroll up or down the list and you can make it sophisticated use an arrow with different numbers for example if there are three aircraft below that of trying to communicate they’ll be three separate numbers but the numbers should be there queue number So you can judge how long have they been waiting and how important is it that you scroll up or down to contact them also you could have arrows pointing up or down if you’re in the middle of the list obviously

Another small pro the order of the actual aircraft list could be first come first serve so the aircraft on the bottom of your list have been on your channel the longest so you already know their process if you’re doing ground and they’re at the top of your list they are either requesting parking or pushback and if you’re at the bottom of the list thay are either requesting run way crossing Or if you’re on training server request frequency change…
never fails
-_- lol

More detailed list example

Cactus 1549 4l ils    [ATC] 

United 131 heavy . .[ATC]

5 Speed bird 121. 4r. [ATC] (blinking)

JetBlue 48    ...         [ATC] 

3 KLM1247 super … [ATC] (blinking)

2 Delta 473 22r. [ATC] (blinking)
—————list cut off —3aircraft below—————-
⬇️⬇️(Blinking)) arrows
[2]. [1]. (Blinking)) numbers

Blinking arrow is in numbers indicate two aircraft out of however many below the cut line need assistance

And the number represents is there q and the number represents is there queue … Thay msg the most recent Obviously

Let me know what you guys think of this is a good idea and I apologize for the grammatical errors I am using Siri to write this while I’m at work so I can’t give it 100% of my attention

I’m not sure if you’re really making a request, but if you are, this should go in the #features. category.

Im tl1 :( cant yet

But what do u think?

I don’t know mate, I don’t really have problems with ATC communications

For this reason, I hardly ever use the strips on the side when controlling. I prefer individually tapping each aircraft then sending the message. Gives much more precision and I know exactly who is getting what message.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t say that atc necessarily has a problem

Just an idea to speed up/organize your communications with your aircraft

Well I like the idea, but @BluePanda900 makes a good point.

Also, I think strip priority isn’t a good idea because it isn’t traffic efficient all the time. Just because Cactus 101 makes contact first and Redbird 101 second contact, Redbird 101 may be closer to runway or on approach, so they would be higher priority for efficiency. That’s just one example, and there are others as well.

1 Like

I think this is a helpful idea. However, a way that some will do this procedure by setting reminders for aircraft, this will help you both remind you to push someone / clear someone. but also help you if you have another push next to them.

For example:
Aircraft 1 asks to push, i clear them
Aircraft 2 asks to push, i tell them to hold, and put a 2 minute reminder on them (when busy, it’ll increase).

the reminder goes in 2 minutes, you verify that he’s clear to push, and then clear him. if you need to re-issue a reminder, its easy to do so for the time you need.

As a “when to push list”. The reminder will come up when its their turn. I also will use this when its really busy and i need to hold aircraft without issuing a full gate hold. If someone requests pushback once again before the time is up, i’ll reset the timer

Agree with your .100% it’s actually the fact that trying to contact certain aircraft can be difficult when a bunch of people are making a list jump all over the place fight it’s not to control who you contact that wasn’t my point my point is it’s just a tool to help you keep track of what’s going on because if you hold an aircraft at the gate and a lot is going on you could forget about him for a long time … so basically it would help with situational awareness and make it much harder to accidentally forget aircraft

I think you’re kind of missing the point if you have a completely different style of doing it then this wouldn’t be your thread I’m talking about the people that use the less it would be useful because I’m in pain situational awareness of what the name of the aircraft are and I give instructions based on where they are and who they are

Sidenote if you have a different style of doing a few fever you don’t use the lift then this thread is probably not for you

That is a useful trick… that list of numbers to remind was mainly a sidenote but still if there was a way to have the list physically not move around that would be fantastic I just figured and I think about the numbers is she don’t have to do an extra step at a reminder if you can kind of just keep track at a glance of the timing so you had for aircraft in the gate next to each other and you have to push back one At a time and they all asked to be pushed back at the same time you can just glance and see who would be next one is clear my main issue is that damn list moving all over the place LOL because I actuall at a time and they all asked to be pushed back at the same time you can just glance and see who would be next one is clear my main issue is that damn list moving all over the place LOL

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.