ATC tips for a new contoller

I suggest you check out the #tutorials category. Lots of userful stuff there to do with ATC.

1 Like

Start with ATC manual, it has everything you might need. Also check out tutorials on IF channel - they are old, yet are still pretty useful

3 Likes

Ah ok thanks, and I’ll move this to #atc now

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know ! I’ll check it out now

1 Like

Thanks for this, I’ll make sure to give it a read

When dealing with heavy traffic, Its important you keep calm and concentrate on one aircraft at a time. Its too easy to get lost in the noice of buzzing frequency. Just focus on the aircraft ypu are dealing with one at a time. Be mindful of evry other aircraft position.
If ypu are new. I’ll advice practice one frequency at a time. Start with only ground. Get some confidence in it. Then move to only tower. Then start controlling both frequency together. :)

1 Like

Thank you for this, I’ll ensure I practice at one frequency before controlling 2. I’ll take these tips into my next session so I greatly appreciate it

My advice from my experience, Training Server is what it is - training. There are going to be a lot of people that dont pay attention to your commands, dont get frustrated by that. Sometimes its good to open as busy places just so you get comfortable with it being busy and your screen lighting up like a christmas tree (except for maybe LAX - cause that is a hell hole on TS).

Set up a tracking thread and invite members to join you from the IFC - also, as you get closer, contact a recruiter when your eligible, that way you get a great experience from someone that is actually training you and correcting any bad habits that come from learning on TS.

1 Like

Along with all the other links, check out atceg.net. We post tips and information daily. :)

1 Like

Advocate for yourself. There are so many handy resources to assist you in gaining knowledge about the ATC side. Get a trainer if you apply, make a tracking thread, watch tutorials, check out @Trio ATCEG program.

2 Likes

EGLL is worse. Finley, stay away from EGLL if you are new :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I’ll take this into account

1 Like

I’ll make sure I check this out

1 Like

Thanks for this, sorry if I sound a bit silly, but how do I set up a tracking thread, I haven’t done much like this on IFC

1 Like

Check out the thread I linked below to get you started with what you need.

3 Likes

Perfect thank you !

1 Like

You can go on YouTube, and there’s a whole playlist by Infinite Flight filled with tutorials on different aspects of controlling in Infinite Flight. (Search Infinite Flight ATC Tutorial)

1 Like

I’ll make sure that I go through those, thanks for the suggestion :)

1 Like

good luck with you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.