ATC Timelapse at LAX

Timelapse Showing Ground Movement At LAX

https://youtu.be/x0WEhftuHMg

This is a small timelapse that I made from my recent ATC session at LAX. It shows the traffic that built up and dispersed and built up again. I thought it was cool to see the traffic patterns.

This was filmed at LAX on the Expert server. I was controlling ground at that time.

I hope you guys enjoy and let me know if I should continue making these.

21 Likes

Nice work! I’ve thought about recording my ATC sessions as well, but never have. It’s fun watching over it like this!

Keep it up! :)

5 Likes

Really nice time-lapse.
It’s fun some random planes flying over the airport or some plane suddenly disappearing while landing seems they had some crash landing and quitting :)

4 Likes

There was one plane I noticed that lagged across the whole airport.

1 Like

Looks beautiful and shows the effort involved in quality control of a busy airport like lax.

2 Likes

Nice video! Very intriguing, great job on controlling LAX, I know it can get very busy on the ground & air. ;)

2 Likes

Totally love this clip, very well done.
The single camera position, entire slip shot from one place, speed, music: brilliant.

KSFO next? 😉

1 Like

Maybe, I was thinking of doing this if I control at FNF or at a big event like the Pacific Series

1 Like

Great work @The_Geniusman - I also controlled that day and it is great seeing the way people made decisions at a larger scale. It would be neat seeing this for other airports in the future because it can help people control! I like the music too. One suggestion would be to block out the planes flying overhead >10k ft which is in the cogwheel/display settings.

2 Likes

I think having the planes overhead adds to it but I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like