ATC Schedule

Oh That’s Great,thanks for explaining!✌🏼

🥺 … exactly…

3 Likes

AGREED. I loved these kind of flights.

3 Likes

I miss this too. Especially taking off in one active region and landing in another, after it changed over.

6 Likes

In my opinion, the biggest problem is that you just don’t know where and for how long an ATC is active. You can’t really plan your flights anymore, at least if you want to have ATC. The tracking threads in the forum do not help. First, not every controller creates a topic or writes where it is active at all. Secondly, there are so many sub-topics that you simply lose track of it very quickly. I was just about to start in Chicago, because I saw that there is ATC. As soon as I was online was the ATC offline… Great, something like that happens now constantly, which I find extremely unfortunate. The old ATC schedule was a thousand times better, because you could plan reasonably…

10 Likes

I think this problem would at least partly be solved if the tracking threads were made more visible in the forum than getting lost in the various sub topics.

In particular, I feel visibility and predictability/planning are two important aspects that the current ATC system lacks.

2 Likes

Definately agree with this

1 Like

Dont have to tell much… 😶

8 Likes

In all fairness at this time - most Americans will still be asleep and most Europeans will be at work/school - thats why its quiet.

I think 💭 🤔 for better realism, it would be better to still schedule 📆 ATC with locals from every region. We would have at least every continent covered with ATC

@Tyler_Shelton

8 Likes

I wonder about giving a senior member in each region the lead, and that person creates a regular mini schedule within their region, and assigns controllers to cover the frequencies throughout a full day. Announce it on a region schedule thread a few days before to give everyone time to plan flights.

Each region would only need to do so once a week, and that way we would get a reliable service to plan for, as well as a rotating coverage around the world.

Nothing stopping other regions still doing their local and ad hoc openings like now as well on days that is not their featured one.

There would need to be co-ordination from above to plan what region gets what days.

Main problem of course would be uneven spread of controllers around the regions, and whether there are enough people in Africa, Oceana, East Europe etc to cover fully one day a week…?

4 Likes

Even if isn’t enough people 👥 in the African area, Europeans can do the cover, because the time difference is small, but the goal is to give an incentive to ATC to each region to come forward. Making promotion and training the ATC that are in training and casual server alike. Everywhere at least it would be coverage of an ATC.

No need for the tag. I monitor the conversation.

I recently mentioned something similar about having in-app ways of indicating a few featured airports per region each month. This would serve as a small constant for pilot planning purposes. It’s a work in progress.

That said, I think an actual weekly schedule for each region is counter-productive. It’ll fail to take into account many event opportunities and removes a lot of the creative freedom.

Finally, it’s important to remember the common pilot response to regions on an ATC schedule which we experienced just weeks ago. Having a schedule, especially in less popular regions, doesn’t always mean traffic will be plentiful. Had we continued with a schedule to accompany the release of 3D airports I suspect the frustration (for controllers) would be watching all of the traffic favor an uncontrolled 3D airport vs what was scheduled.

Things take time and we’ve already made great improvements internally. Ultimately the release of more airports around the world will be one of the strongest influences on the predictability of pilot and controller location. Thanks again for all the healthy discussion amongst yourselves! ❤️

16 Likes

Ah sorry didn’t know. Thanks.

That could be true, at least in the first weeks. Something new is always very interesting for everyone. I believe after some time people will be interested again in having ATC at non 3D airports, because there are only a few 3D airports, consequently the routes you can fly are limited. To bring back more traffic to non 3D airports an ATC schedule would help a lot, because you would have much more routes (the whole globe lol) to choose from.

And as already indicated above, such a schedule makes it much easier to plan your flights, in my eyes the uncertainty in flight planning is the biggest problem of the new system. And of course 3D airports can be featured as well, if the demand is very high, but I would highly appreciate other regions, or non 3D airports as well.

But nevertheless its great to hear that work is still going on behind the scenes, hopefully some changes will be public very soon.

This game and community is amazing and in my opinion the best game to play. I have been playing for a very long time and have enjoyed it this whole time.
I just have one suggestion,the ATC regions are really confusing and hard to find out which regions are active. The normal ATC schedule was really good and easy to get a hold of. I would always look at which airport is active and when I would fly overnight I would look at the ATC schedule and set a flight flying to the place. With regions now IFATC can just switch airports in less than an hour or 2. It’s way easier if it’s just 1 or 3 airports in a day. So if you can please switch it back to the older ATC schedule I would be honored. Thanks you for your time.😁

6 Likes

This could take a long time to get 3D airports covering every region.

I think if we had a poll now the vast majority of people would favour a return to the old schedules.

If you look at the current situation it is dire, there is so inconsistent ATC activity and it doesn’t even cover all of the 3D airports, it’s always Heathrow, LAX, Edinburgh, SFO. Airports like Auckland or even Sydney have barely been opened.

I can’t see how this will improve any time soon.

A return to the schedules would allow for much more variety of routes people can/will do.

5 Likes

Just so you know there is still an hour minimum requirement on all bravo airports and a half hours on all Charlie delta airports. Also there are a already multiple topics about this.

This has been changed to 30 minutes for all, last week.

Ok, that I agree is kind of a problem…