ATC Schedule Tag

ATC Schedule Tag

If you’re curious what a tag even is, let me explain.

Recently, IFC implemented tags for FNF and Flash Flights to better organize them to make them easier to find.

Screenshot%20(14)

My idea is to do the same thing for the ATC Schedule.

Doing this will, first of all, organize all of the ATC Schedules into one section where it is easy to find for all users. This isn’t very beneficial for the everyday user, as nobody really looks back at the old ATC Schedules, but this could be used for one good reason.

Tag Notifications

The ATC Schedule tag could be used for a notification when a new ATC Schedule comes out. For example, you can already set notifications for a new post in the FNF tag, and if this new tag gets added, you could get a notification right when the new ATC Schedule gets posted.

Screenshot%20(12)

You can technically set notifications for the ATC Schedule with adjusting your settings to see a new post in a certain category, but that means if you set a notification for the #atc category, it’ll give you all new topics (tracking threads, ghosts, etc.). Adding this could easily organize your notifications, and not get notifications that you don’t need.

Conclusion

Doing this will help better organize the Infinite Flight Community, and help people get more specified notifications.

17 Likes

Thanks for the explanation!

3 Likes

I don’t see why not to add/include this with tags. I’d like to see this in the future. 🙂

2 Likes

Can do. Super easy. @Tyler_Shelton your call

8 Likes

This would be awesome for the forum and just begs the question, why don’t we already have it?

1 Like

Because the feature have just now developed to a point where it’s becoming useful for us :)

4 Likes

Nice suggestion and use of a new feature. Should be do able… just need to research how it works to set it moving forward. Cheers!

12 Likes

I just added the #atcschedule tag to this latest one and will do it moving forward. Very cool feature!

12 Likes

Such a great suggestion @Niccckk! You even persuaded Tyler to add it into the IFC :D

3 Likes

Looks like we are already using it for this weeks schedule.

Yup! 😉 Great use of #meta and a well-formed topic btw.

13 Likes