ATC Schedule • 26Nov-2Dec 18

I’ll be controllling and flying the Hawaiian Skies!

I hope it lasts until I land in Honolulu from Anchorage!

Nice decent with @MishaCamp !

2 Likes

Just had a nice flight from PHOG TO PHNL IN MY C208

Do you guys ever do atc in the Philippines?

They did in the past. I also hope the scenery of the PI is updated. It would be a really nice place to fly.

1 Like

When The Philippines is in the schedule, mostly Manila is the airport that most often gets featured among the Philippines airport then Yes, they (IFATC) do control the Airspace(s) there. I think I’ve also seen other Philippines airports besides Manila being opened for a little while in the past but they will only be active/opened if the airport is in the schedule and it’s more likely to be opened if it’s a featured airports for a specific schedule.

Although there’s one exception, which is if IFATC has controlled all featured airports, I believe they can possibly open other nearby airports in the region, and in that sense they could open a Philippine airspace although it may not have any airports from its country in the schedule but the country is still colored the same color as the rest of the region that is supposed to be controlled.

Ps. IFATC, do tell me if I’m wrong on this last one, but I’m quite sure I’ve read somewhere that you guys can control non-featured airports as well, if the country is colored.

We can open any airport in any region that is colored for that day. We are encouraged to open the featured airports first (those that Tyler decides) but for certain circumstances, (some controllers are not qualified to control at Bravo airports and sometimes all the featured airports have already been fully staffed) we can open others.

2 Likes

So let’s say Japan is colored but none of the Japanese airports are featured. You are still allowed to open them only that you’re encouraged to open those that are featured first, right?

Correct.

For example, Korea could be the featured region for the day but controllers can still open airports in Japan as long as all the featured airports have been staffed. Additionally, more than one region can be featured.

What I’ve noticed lately is a highlighted region for ATC choice, the latter being more common.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks I dunno man I fly a lot there even though scenery ain’t good hopefully they fix it cuz it’s my place and hopefully they make it as good as everything else :((

1 Like

Theres a lot going on at LSZH right now… Thanks to ATCs doing great job.

3 Likes

Holy crap, @Henrik is absolutely killing LZSH approach, so many aircraft in the air right now…kudos
Unfortunately that means that I went 80 nm past the airport just to join the approach line though

5 Likes

It’s so cool how it all just works into that one perfect line

6 Likes

Sorry to anyone at LSZH just now on Tower or Ground. My WiFi cut out -fortunately someone else has come to the rescue.

1 Like

Attention all EPIC GAMERS

Drop by LFLJ Airport, if that ICAO doesn’t ring a bell, this picture might. Departing runway 5, landing runway 23, max size is a TBM 930, please watch your weight!

3 Likes

That was me! Thanks so much for your patience, and I’m sorry things took so long. It was definitely a fun day on my end :) Also @Dillon_Lewis, @Adam_Macaulay, @GHamsz and @Trio did a phenomenal job doing the hard part on final approach!

6 Likes

You and @Trio did an outrageously amazing job today vectoring pilots into Zurich. That’s some crazy good ATCing and and outstanding dedication to be controlling for many hours consecutively. All of IFATC keep far exceeeding my expectations, and they are quite high to say the least but you guys keep proving that you can do better. Keep up the great work, guys :)

Thanks A Lot for your service!!! It’s an Perfect Ending to A Perfect 12hrs flight ;)

2 Likes

I’ll be controlling KSJC for a while tomorrow. Hope to see you there @BigBert10 :)

3 Likes

1 question

WHAT IS AN ATC SCHEDULE I HAVE 360 HOURS AND I HAVEN’T HEARD OF THIS PLEASE EXPLAIN