ATC Requirement for ATC Playground.

Hi, everyone, I wanted to ask for an opinion. Does anyone else think that you should have to muster a certain amount of XP before getting to controller level on ATC Playground? I only say this because i’m sick of these people who don’t know what they’re doing being ATC. Let me know what you think!

5 Likes

I think those who want to control should check first the tutorials about the ATC commands and put them to work in a region with little traffic. And then move to more congested areas.

2 Likes

Although I understand where you’re coming from, it defeats the purpose of the Playground Server. It was put there to allow anybody to test out their controlling ability and work up their skills. To put a limit on who can control on there defeats the purpose of it. The only restriction is general access to the server itself.Bascially, If they can’t fly on there as a pilot, they shouldn’t deserve to control there. Otherwise, go try it out!

I see this problem too as a controller if your ther tower some times the ground doesn’t know what they are doing but atleast his is ground you should make ATC grade like starting with ground of 0 ATC hours then like 10 letter you get tower etc [quote=“13yearoldpilot, post:1, topic:30931, full:true”]
Hi, everyone, I wanted to ask for an opinion. Does anyone else think that you should have to muster a certain amount of XP before getting to controller level on ATC Playground? I only say this because i’m sick of these people who don’t know what they’re doing being ATC. Let me know what you think!
[/quote]

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

There’re tutorials, but people don’t search for them.

2 Likes

1 Like

I agree, we should have some tutorials directly on the ATC page.

I’d still propose to change the name to ‘ATC Training Server’ with a Grade 2 requirement for pilots and a requirement that certain tutorials have been watched by ATC.

But that’s me.

2 Likes

Sorry but I don’t agree with this. XP shows experience, and raising the XP requirement for ATC would still mean people could ATC with no previous experience but the only difference is they would have to wait longer to unlock ATC. Maybe another factor rather than XP

XP doesn’t prove anything other than the fact they can fly around and try landings, it doesn’t prove they know any of the commands or any sort of ATC or flight procedures or commands.

Yeah exactly, that’s what I meant it only shows experience as how many landings etc they have had, it doesn’t show skill. That’s why I don’t think adding a minimum XP to be ATC on the PG server would make any difference

1 Like

The ATC playground could be looked at as the free flight server for learning ATC. The problem with this is that pilots that either don’t have enough XP for advanced or pilots such as myself that make mistakes every now and again still use the ATC playground for a realistic experience rather than the more strict advanced server. I want to spend time learning how to be an ATC but since there’s no tutorial that I’ve discovered yet I’ll be sticking to ground only on a slow to moderate airport. It’s almost as if there’s a need for a fourth server, in between ATC playground and advanced. Perhaps even add ATC to the free flight server for training purposes. The advanced server is just that, not a place to be learning. At this point the only option is to mix together 0 hour ATC’ers with experienced controllers all on the playground.

@JediPizza4242

There are plenty of tutorials on the forums and @Tyler_Shelton has made quite a few tutroial videos on YouTube which give you a great insight!

Tower Tutorial - Arrivals

How did I not find this??? Thank you for the link!

1 Like

No worries! If you just search in the forum search bar IFATC tutorials you will find absolutely everything from videos to phraseology!

1 Like

The next two hours at work are going to be much more interesting now, thank you!

2 Likes

I’d suggest IFATC’s YouTube video if you want to prepare yourself for the theory test lol

1 Like

1 Like