ATC Rank or Count ATC Time?

Hey so I was just wondering why doesn’t ATC controlling count to time or no rank for ATC. I know there is IFATC but still think it would be cool for a rank system for ATC or have time controlling count for normal rank. Anyone else?

3 Likes

Meh unnecessary in my opinion. There is already a operations count, no need to make it too complicated with Ranks when you are just controlling Training EGLL with tons of trolls that never listen to you…

IFATC do have ranks though.

Hi Benjamin!

I’m not entirely sure what you mean, but if you’re asking why there aren’t ATC ranks on the Training Server, it’s probably because the only way to determine rank on the Training Server is by either (a) time opened and (b) operations, neither of which actually determine the quality of the controller. I could be clearing aircraft for takeoff 10 times in a row just to farm operations, but that wouldn’t make me a better controller - same analogy applies for the time elapsed opening a frequency. It doesn’t make sense to have a rank system based on these two factors.

In IFATC, by contrast, your progress is determined by experience among other factors which are more qualitative than quantitative so it makes sense to have a rank system.

I hope this clears things up for you, and if you have any further questions do let us know :)

9 Likes

Oh thank you for the detailed reply I completely understand now. I appreciate it! 😊

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.