ATC quits at San Clemente, passengers almost killed because of lingering aircraft on runway

I was doing a nice easy landing at San Clemente just now, when ATC quits and a guy enters in the middle of the runway when I’m on final. I just make it to not crash into the guy, but then he never moved, and when I got in front of him, all of a sudden, he started to take off out of the airport like a scaredy cat. Here are some proof pics.

2 Likes

I imagine he/she may have been on Ground though and not heard your exchange with the Tower controller prior to him/her quitting so may not have been aware you were on final. However, without a Tower controller the plane on the ground should have checked the approach before entering the runway and had they done so would have seen you.

The runway incursion is clearly the SQ A380’s fault, but the correct response for you should have been a go-around.

2 Likes

You should have announced a go around because you saw the plane on the runway when you were in the air.

1 Like

Your responsidbe for all crashes from behind and beside regardless of what the other pilot did wrong. Like in a car infront of you if your behind them and hit the car infront of you its your fault

1 Like

If I play ATC the pilots want a take ff so fase as possible and if I say the most wait the doesn’t listening to my

Seem he/she pressed on the brakes while airborn

And used 0 segree flaps

you get that in IF live alot. Can I ask why you have no flaps on final?

Welcome to KNUC on the playground. Please come again soon…

1 Like

Oh, this was 2 months ago.

1 Like