ATC Practice

I am trying to be in IFATC and need some practice so please if you have a little time come. We will do some Patterns and Ground Control Please come. Please provide Feedback for comments. Thank You

Server: Training
Airport: KJFK
Controlling Section: Ground and Tower

2 Likes

why not, i come

GROUND

• Good call at my pushback.

• When I requested taxi you forgot about me and I had to request twice, looked like you were focused on Tower work, which is good, but keep an eye in Ground as well.

• As an IFATC controller you’ll need be proactive, if traffic flow allows issue a cross runway command before pilot requests, check around and issue the proper command.

• Beautiful call when pilots request frequency change once on hold short, they are instructed to change the frequency and telling them to avoid the unnecessary command is good, as a recommendation do not lose time on time if traffic flow doesn’t allow.

TOWER

• When you are clearing aircraft remaining in the pattern you must add a traffic direction, in my case I took off from runway 31L so I have to make left traffic due to runway layout, I can’t turn right since I might interrupt other aircraft lifting off from runway 31R.

• Since you missed the traffic direction you alternative can issue a pattern entry, in this case a left downwind might work, followed by a sequence if required. I was nicely sequenced behind F-GTZO.

• When I or any other user request a runway change you must issue a pattern entry followed by a sequence, what you did was clear me as number 2 but I needed the pattern entry (left base), sequence (number 2, traffic to follow on final) and the clearance (number 2, clear to land, runway 31R).

• I saw a little bit problem while clearing for departure and I’ll put this into an example to let you understand what it is: let’s see N1FJ is number 1 for departure and you cleared this guy to take off, F-GTZO also requests departure, right? You must check my current position before issuing an instruction to F-GTZO, if I have already started the take off role a LUAW (Line Up And Wait) is really cool, but if you can determinate that I’ll be airborne when your 2nd aircraft in the departure start their then you can clear them immediately.

• Do not forget about “frequency change approve, good day!” with aircraft leaving the airspace.

• I had no opportunity to test your skills with transition conflict, however I’m gonna teach you how it works, basically when aircraft request transition they want to pass through your airspace without generate conflicts with departing or planes remaining in the pattern, you have to instruct an specific altitude to allow them this. We all got a formula that goes like: airport altitude + 2500fts, since you were controlling at JFK where altitude is around 12fts you have to add it with the 2500 and the final result is 2512fts, you also have to round up your final result to the nearest 500-1000, so, transition is approve at or above 3000fts.

3 Likes

i’m agree with you

If you have any questions feel free to contact me, I’m more than happy to assist as much as I can!

Thank you @Aviator_Enthusiast, really helped me as well as everyone else who will read this.

I will do a few more before giving my IFATC exam.

2 Likes

I think you’d better open a Tracking thead

I’d recommend to take this practice test before the real one: Create online tests

I am trying to be in IFATC and need some practice so please if you have a little time come. We will do some Patterns and Ground Control Please come. Please provide Feedback for comments. Thank You

Server: Training
Airport: EDDF
Controlling Section: Ground and Tower

1 Like

I’ll join up rn

I would join, but already on flight and sleeping later.