ATC Practical Test Tips?

Just try to forget about it and relax. You know what your doing. Relax and drink some water.

1 Like

Just be focused, get the basics down, don’t overwhelm yourself… calmness is key! Honestly, practical test should not be that bad if you know those basics…
Good luck!

1 Like

Go outside a minute. Take a chewing-gum, and once you know your airport try a short pattern there to have the plan in mind. Hope that helps!
See ya in IFATC workspace!

1 Like

I mean the rest of the team has explained a lot of good tips. Just focus well, have small notes written down on a paper (I still do that to this day) and be simple yet smart.

1 Like

Everyone is saying this, but I think it’s one thing that can’t be emphasized enough.

Stay Calm

Don’t let the flashing strips get to your head. Focus on systematically handing out commands. Take your time to double check every command before you send it.

You’re going to do amazing!

1 Like

And if you fail, you can get some extra assistance here to make sure you pass your next session!

1 Like

Ok everybody
My test is beginning right now! Thanks for all the tips!

9 Likes

Let us know how it goes :)

Thanks everyone for the tips! The test went well and we’ve got another user joining the ranks of IFATC :)

22 Likes

Great job, @FLIGHT2! You’re joining an amazing team of controllers and people - I’m sure we all look forward to working with you!

1 Like

Awesome! Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats! You may have recognized me from ur practical 😎

1 Like

Congrats! Can’t wait to see you grow even more as a controller! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Congrats. You might recognize me from your slack dms👀😂

1 Like

Congratulations! You might recognize me since I have no life and am on this forum for excessive amounts of time.

4 Likes

Oh hi! I do

1 Like

congratulations! glad to see you part of the team! it sure is an awesome environment!

1 Like

You might recognize that people recognized my “you might/may have recognize phrase”

1 Like

Congratulations! Welcome to IFATC Team! Glad to see a new member join us!

1 Like

welcome to join IFATC🎉🎉🎉. And enjoy “IFATC at home” this Sunday

1 Like