ATC playground server

please tell me if you think this was inapropriate.
Seems to be every time I’m atc on playground server there is a handful that just intentionally ignore the atc instruction and ruin it, some guy just entered the runway while traffic was on final and took off without even contacting tower which I was controlling, obviously intentionally, so I got off the tower and jumped in the f 14 and followed him, flew in front of him, behind him, 360s around him until he finally got annoyed enough to quit the flight, so over this playground server,
I know it sounds immature of me but wats the point of having it, may as well be free flight server number 2 😡😡

5 Likes

They do it because they know they can get away with it. Not sure how to fix a problem like that. You can’t just ban everyone that misbehaves. They pay for the app as well, Live, and probably other planes.

3 Likes

They do that always… I just laugh at what knowledge they have of actually contacting ATC and flying an aeroplane, you get used to it after a while.

It’s not immature of you to be annoyed. Maybe there should be a test on IF that users would have to pass to get to playground and then another harder one to get to advanced. Also they would have to pass again if their standings dropped.

1 Like

That sounds fair to me.

Yeh that’s a good idea, doesn’t usually bother me, may just stick to flying on advanced server, got me thinking though if the people that do this on the playground server are the ones that complain when they get ghosted on advanced

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Also same for aircraft you know you should have to work for the larger ones and faster ones. I was surprised that they didn’t already do that. Oh well in time maybe.

1 Like

Why not have a simple ratio of xp/violations. Yes we all get violations however more dedicated players will offset with more xp while inexperienced users can rack up xp on free server with no violations. If they start messing on ATC then violations ratio would bar them until they start behaving again?

I see these things all the time as I am a regular player on the ATC Playground Server. But these Ideas need to be taken into consideration.

Now that’s an idea that I like

I understand that playground is there to help people learn, I learned on playground befor moving to advanced and it does built confidence, but it seems to be getting a bit out of hand in my view

2 Likes

Yes. It’s like a ranking.

This ratio would be very simple to adopt. Before flight a simple division calculation is made. Go/no go. They already have the mechanism today which they use for standing%. This is nothing more than a secondary check. Very easy to code.

I can see that idea working but as Buddha said might take a bit of work to implement it

2 Likes

In my opinion this is like 5 minute or less coding. They already have the mechanism.

2 Likes

2 Likes