ATC phraseology

Good afternoon all.
I remember a few years back I decided to become a IFATC on the “expert server”. I hold a tower and ground rating on Vatsim so I was quite confident in me passing. Alas, no, I failed. As far as I understand, the ATC test and the ATC instructions available in the game represent the US style phraseology. For instance who says “I’ll call your base” in the UK…? Just wondering if I’m the only one thing this way.

All the best:)

2 Likes

You would be correct. Infinite Flight and the phraseology available to us is based on the U.S. and FAA guidance.

3 Likes

And unfortunately it will stay that way. Given we aren’t, and most likely won’t be, using speech ATC and we use the buttons, it limits the phraseology available.

3 Likes

It’s a shame…

1 Like

Oh god, I’m imaging speech ATC…

The trolls…

1 Like

Sounds more like a IF problem.

1 Like

If Infinite Flight applies the same strict rules as on Vatsim, I believe speech Atc could be a thing.

1 Like

Right… but that’s not their goal by the sounds of it.

Every simulator is different. Some have their pros, some have their cons, and some are just different. Is it ideal in my mind (and yours) to be limited with ATC functions, no. But does it work out, yeah.

1 Like

Yeah totally understand and agree with you. Besides, if you want a real simulation experience just get a PC. Just saying that this app has a lot of potential. I haven’t flown for about 2 years in IF and so many were added in the time being!

1 Like

Easier said then done 😂. But I get what you are saying

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.