ATC Phraseology Guide (Controller Commands)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

52 Likes

It can. Continue taxi is one of the possible things that can be done after you order someone to hold position.

2 Likes

@Rotate I like this topic idea. Do you think it would be better if we leave it in alphabetical order, but separate it by frequency type? Ex:

Ground

A.
B.
C.

Tower

A.
B.
C.

etc…

3 Likes

I’ll get to it, just give me a few minutes

1 Like

Very cool idea. I’m on mobile device so if I added commands you left off, could I send them to someone?

2 Likes

The first post is a wiki, so if you want to add something you can add them yourself @mhhodges76

1 Like

1 Like

When you go to the 3rd HUD display (where you can press the buttons that activate seatbelt sign, no smoking, and the lights) there is a pushback button.

No problem, it’s fun :)

1 Like

This is like an learn book for the ATC test

I’m sure this will be very very helpful for newbies!
Just a question:
When ATC will broadcast “important messages only”, what is considered to be an important message?
For example: Are the position reports when flying a pattern important or is it enough if you continue flying the pattern, skip over the reports “downwind” & “base” and only report your position to the ATC when you’re on final and he didn’t already give you the clearance to land?

2 Likes

Very useful post @Rotate great for people who are still questioning ATC!

1 Like

1 Like

Pattern work is a more complicated subject. It’s better for a well-written tutorial to explain it.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hello! I firstly would like to say that I found this soooooo very helpful and most insightful,learning some new things I hadn’t known before! Loved the diagrams! So thank you for this dictionary on IF ATC commands! I have been wanting/needing this for a while. :) Second, I noticed that there was a command missing on the list(most likely because it’s not an ATC command) that I just don’t understand the use for,pardon my ignorance. That is the “Request Transition” option when you’re the pilot of a plane on a frequency with an active ATC. I feel I know what it implies, however I desire a more concise explanation. Especially in regards to the altitude options. Please excuse the brevity! Thanks again!

3 Likes

@Rotate, maybe we can add another section that includes only commands sent by pilots. Reporting position, going around, etc.

2 Likes