ATC or Piloting?

Hi,
I don’t have a live account yet. I want it but probably I won’t get it.
So I play solo alot and I am still not good at landing. I jump on the runway or I hit the runway too hard and my wheel gets into the ground or I just can’t land it perfectly and roll off the runway.
I know what it takes to be an ATC (sort of) by watching @Maxwell291 video
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/ifatc-controlling-what-its-like/
If I get a Live account should I be an ATC or Should I train alot and go on with piloting?
I personally think that I should become an ATC but you can suggest anything!
Please comment if I should be a pilot first and then an ATC, because I didn’t include that option and I don’t want to trouble the moderators 😊

• Be an ATC
  • Train for piloting

0 voters

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Ignas, welcome to the forums!
You are free to become an ATC on live, but it makes the job easier to train on being a pilot first. This will give you a better understanding of what is happening on flight deck.
To be familiar with the cockpit routines will help you become a better ATC.

7 Likes

Thanks! Since I know how PG pilots and PG ATC’s mess up or annoy (don’t be offenced) I would rather be an ATC but your advice is good. I will add it to the poll.
It doesn’t let me. Well I will save moderators time.

1 Like

I strongly suggest learning how to fly first then fly on the advance server seeing what it’s like to be under the control of the controllers. After that I strongly suggest learning how to control then signing up for the 2 tests.

P.S I will another video for you seeing how it’s like being under the control of a controller.

3 Likes

Hi!
Thanks for your advice!
Thanks for making that video and thanks in advance for the other one! In that case I will subscribe and comment a few tips later, because I don’t want to use up all of my mobile data, since I am at my Grandma’s place that does not have internet. I have been at the library today, so yeah. Also from your video I could feel/see the perspective of the pilot (sort of).
If you can, please make the same videos but only on PG.
Thanks again @Maxwell291 !

2 Likes

When landing, make sure to be around 150kts, and at the last minute, raise the nose. At 150kts, the force will still bring you onto the runway even at a slight raise in the nose. Raising the nose is called a flare.

Thanks! One more question: How to reduce speed? I put the throttle to 0% but that drops the speed but then I go down and the speed rises up. I know why but I am looking for a correct way and a good way to reduce speed.
And yes, I do use spoilers and flaps in a correct way. I don’t use everything else though.

1 Like

Spoilers armed and full flaps. SLOW DOWN BEFORE DESCENDING. You’re not supposed to be descending at 4000 ft/s, you’re supposed to descend at no more than 2000 ft/s. With an A380, 777-300ER, or any of the 747s, you need spoilers flight, full flaps, and gear down.

Trim is unnecessary in IF because of autopilot. No worries about trim.

Okay, Thanks again!

1 Like

welcome many tutorials on here helped me learn and now im great a piloting and i fly always on advanced practice makes perfect what i did was in free time but when i had to go somewhere soon so i could do a full flight i just did landing practice

I do both but more flying than ATC.

I have no idea, either one is a valid career for me, just I think ATC has the highest stress and suicide rate of any job, and piloting, I have to keep my head in a barf bag during any takeoff.

ATC Tower.

Thank you for all of your replies! 🙂☺

A good place to train for piloting is http://www.infiniteflightschool.weebly.com

They train pilots to fly, communicate with ATC and tricks to get out of tight situations.

Okay, Thank you!

Will look into that now ☺!

To be honest, ATC is hard to do. Piloting is much easier. :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.