Atc ops lagging on brand new ip8 but not on 3 year old ipad air 2?

So, is there a reason why ip8 atc ops freezes in 15 mins at most to a point you need to restart the device? My air 2 bought in 2015 seems to handle it just fine
(Not really sure where does this belong since it’s not really issue for me since i only do atc ops few times in a month on ts lol)

It still belongs in support buddy, to confirm you have an iPad 2018 with a lag on ATC ops only?

Alrighty, 2015 ipad air 2=works fine, 2018 iphone 8= lags alot

Hello!

What iOS version is your device currently running?

11.4 on both, have not updated to 11.4.1 yet, but i doubt it does anything since this ”issue” has been in all the previous ios versions as well

1 Like

Roger, do you have any apps running in the background while you are using IF?

I used to have an iphone6S which never lagged, but I had to ensure that I had nothing else running in the background. I also had graphic settings set quite low.

Some questions that need answering are:

• iOS software version
  • IF Version
  • Background Apps
  • stable internet/WiFi connection?
  • graphic settings, airplane count and anti-aliasing settings?

If, newest as always, no backround apps i always restart my devices before starting if, all on medium usually, neither of my devices lag on high graphics when flying so i sometimes use them for non busier airports, anti-alising off and yup, stable connection on both wifi and cellular

@Starley is our expert here, there’s obviously nothing that sticks out obvious enough for me so I will leave you in his capable bed of knowledge.

Best of luck getting this fixed pal, I’ll keep tabs here just to see the progress and eventual fix!

Best, Mags

2 Likes

Thanks for the effort ;)

1 Like

If you have done all of that and it still did not fix the issue, I would suggest reinstalling the app (uninstall IF -> reboot your device -> install IF).

You could also try updating to iOS 11.4.1 as Apple mentioned some performance optimizations and bug fixes in this version.

2 Likes

Okay i’ll try the ios update, can we continue this over pm and if the ios update + reinstall does not help i’ll contact you? If it’s okay a mod can close

1 Like

Yes, of course. Would be glad to help! :)

I would prefer leaving the topic opened so that we can post the solution here in case another person experiences the same issue.

1 Like

Yeah try to keep this open. If someone else has a similar issue I can come and reference it if they haven’t done already! Haha

1 Like

Damn, makes lurking harder, not really a forum type person👀😂

1 Like

This one seems to have done the trick, it’s not a slideshow anymore at least in that 15 minute mark😂 thanks for the help!

2 Likes