ATC Operations

Hello everyone! I am currently trying to get my operations number up to 500+ so I can apply for IFATC. I am currently at 295 operations. What counts as an operation? I just did Tower+Ground at EHAM for about 30 minutes and controlled at least a dozen aircraft. How long should it take for my operations count to update and increase, but more importantly what counts as an operation? The time spent on ATC or number of aircraft controlled? Thanks for the help! Can’t wait for my journey on becoming a certified IFATC controller.

1 Like

An operation is counted for each clearance issued. This includes tower takeoff and landing clearances along with approach clearances for the ILS and GPS which are worth more operations. A user can also gain an operation for aircraft serviced with radar vectors or flight following while working a radar facility.
Quoted from tyler

3 Likes

That’s good to know. Thank you!

1 Like

Regarding how long it takes for your operations to become visible:

It shouldn’t necessarily take too long;

• Do a flight for a coupla minutes, then restart Infinite Flight and take a look at your operation count.
  • This is due to your operation count updating periodically, not immediately after your session.

Hope to see you in IFATC soon (:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.