ATC Operations

You are probably in the top 5. I know the top 3 are Gary, Tim and I - but Gary has more ops than Tim and I combined. Pranshant has been controlling a lot so he may get in that list soon.

3 Likes

For some reason I got around 8k operations which I did not realise.
Just a summary on these 8k operations.

• Most of them are ATC sessions lasting from 20 minutes to 3 hours.
  • Some of them are where I get into (Obs.) which happens when someone has taken the specific control frequency I selected.
  • Accidentally clicking / just checking
1 Like

You’ve got operations as an observer? That shouldn’t be the case.

1 Like

Well I’m not exactly sure if they +1 to the amount of ATC operations when being observer but yeah.

I’m currently at 23,175. It’s not much, but I don’t control radar facilities. As Trio said, however, it’s best to focus on the quality of your service rather than your quantity.

1 Like

I definitely agree with that I don’t really provide radar Services either I’m usually doing ground and Tower together. I don’t provide radar Services because I’m still a training server air traffic controller and most pilots on the training server won’t follow the chart

1 Like

Same here that’s why I mostly ATC at PDX as I have many things going on in life so being at an airport that has very little activity allows me to give quality service while having IRL distractions getting better with each day

1 Like

Yeah I’m labeled as observer but have 1,687 operations

Ahh just realized what you and he meant, never mind.

I agree with that. I tend to control at airports that are big but have very slow traffic. I tend to look for airports like Cairo because most Pilots are not going to do that long flight from Cairo to London Heathrow and when I do get Pilots requesting pattern work they actually stay in the pattern

4 Likes

I know right!

1 Like

He has 553,626 operation counts at this moment! omg

3 Likes

HOLY COW! That’s absolutely insane!

1 Like

Is there more than one “troll” airport? I find that the obvious one, LAX, is a great place to practice patience, tolerance, and staying calm in a busy airspace.

1 Like

I’m building up the confidence to try and control tower there

1 Like

JFK is occasionally a “troll airport.”

1 Like

You can do it! I too was nervous about controlling it - but after using the LAX Departure frequency a ton for practice, I found myself able to control LAX Tower without too much stress. The most important thing, in my opinion - is that taking the time to give accurate and safe instructions - is far more essential to being successful than rushing to get requests from pilots answered.

4 Likes

I thank all of you for being controller’s, it makes IF so much more fun when all 4 spots are being controlled. I do have one wish. I have been told twice now by different controller’s to go back and review ATC comm. tutorials without ever knowing what I did wrong. Wish he would PM me to tell me what I didn’t do correctly.

1 Like

If/when you unlock the ability to PM users on the IFC, you can also reach out to controllers to ask why they sent you that message.

As IFATC Controllers, we appreciate when people reach out, as it’s a good learning opportunity for all involved.

1 Like

Thank You for responding, I will do that.

1 Like