ATC on Training Server

Hey @DJU,

Firstly welcome to community! The ATC provided on the training server has not been filtered or inspected, anyone can operate ATC on the training server, it is only on the expert server where a two part test required to be able to operate ATC. You will find there are some very good controllers and some very bad controllers on the training server , my advice try get to grade 3 as quick as you can and then you will be controlled by the very best ATC controller on Infinite Flight …

3 Likes

I believe so you can practice if you are a real pilot and new

1 Like

I mean it is and that other one for the second one
😀

1 Like

Ahh, so controllers generally have a preference for higher grade pilots?

1 Like

No discrimination based on a pilots grade is not allowed and never will be. Grade 3 is the grade when you are able to access the expert server …

2 Likes

Welcome to the community nice having you aboard :) any questions DM me and I’m your virtual library. Have a blessed rest of your evening

4 Likes
  • List item

As @Joshua_Fleming said, the Training server (commonly referred to as TS1, or just TS) is definitely not the most reliable source of ATC in the world. Any player can become an ATC there, and most have little to no experience. Although you may find some good players there. Once you become a Grade 3, you can fly on them Expert Server and be controlled by IFATC (Infinite Flight ATC) which are players who are tested on two seperare occasions and know the correct ATC procedures.

Welcome to the community! Feel free to ask me if you have any questions regarding my post or anything related to Infinite Flight! :)

1 Like

It depends… it’s hit and miss but most of the time they are reliable but I can tell you - I do a lot of ATC on TS1 and sometimes it is hard to do a good job when pilots don’t follow instructions or don’t know how to follow instructions - so it’s probably very hard to know if someone is good or bad… the audience is a big part of it :)

2 Likes

Good point!

Question: which ATC position would you recommend trying to get a little ATC experience? Are some more challenging than others?

Definitely start with ground and the work up to tower , once your happy with that move to approach/departure and then finally centre. I personally enjoy ground & tower the most so i stuck to them mostly …

2 Likes

Also have a read of the #tutorials section on IFC , especially the ATC based ones. In my opinion experience is everything with ATC , the more you work on your ATC skills the better you will become ! I also recommend starting at a smallish airport , don’t start at a airport like KLAX as you will be destroyed in minutes …

1 Like

I second that but would add that approach, departure and center require a lot more expirience.

Another tip I’d give is to start with small airports with one maximum two parallel runways and not in SoCal :).

1 Like

I am sorry I just now saw you had already mentioned starting in small airports :-D

1 Like

Yeah no worries bud :)

1 Like

Well when I’m controlling TS1 it’s always good at KSAN

I you want to practice with good ATC I would avoid SoCal as it just gets so busy and people always seem to go there, often with little experience. Suggest that try one of the other regions ( London, Sydney, Singapore or Hawaii are popular) as often you get ATC and Pilots there wh are a bit more experienced there and take things more serious.

2 Likes

Hi,
I wuold like have Info about ATC Air Traffic Control Expert Server. Thanks in advance

The only way you can become ATC on the Expert Server is of you apply for IFATC (Infinite Flight ATC).

More information can be found here:

2 Likes

If you ever need feedback for your service, just post a topic saying you are controlling and some people will come along and some might give feedback. Not all feedback will be good the most will be good, especially from IFATC members.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.