ATC Observer

When selecting either the ATC Ground or Tower options for KSAN on the ATC Playground server, the logon always goes into observer mode. This happenes even when there are no other active controllers. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue? Thank you.

When trying to be ATC in playground, shows an empty slot, but when clicked, it it says I'm an observer, and someone else is being a controller!
Why is it never changes from jobs. even there is no controller that controlling?

999 out of 1000 times this is just a fluke of timing where somebody else selected the same operations.
Are you able to select other airports, like small fields and whatnot?

This has happened only with KSAN on perhaps four or five different occasions. All other control towers seem to allow access and appear to work as designed.
(I should mention that in all cases there has been active KSAN airport traffic. From an end-user point of view, it would appear that my account has been ghosted. However, I’m fairly certain that is not the case.)

It happens to me too. When I select KSAN tower and it doesn’t show anybody it brings me in then it says observer. Then when I go to an airfield like KSLI and I click on KSAN it shows there is already a controller. I don’t know why. I think it’s a glitch. Hopefully they’ll fix it.

It’s just timing. Not much anybody can do except try again later or go to a different airport.

ATC Playground Glitch

This has happened to me as well, except the incidents also include KNUC, KLAX, KPSP, KONT, as well as KSAN. This is extremely annoying, and as soon as it occurs, I leave the server and check on the status of the ATC position, and unlike @DIsraelFDS 's suggestion, 999 out of 100 times for me I still see that it is open. I’ve checked my XP and Standing stats, (over 6,000 and 100%) and they are good, so it can’t be a ghosting issue. Any help @Swang007 or anyone else? Thanks!

When someone takes a position it sometimes takes a few minutes for the server to update it.

Gotcha, thanks!

This happens to me frequently now, but will happen when I’ve been on for 20+ minutes.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Not that I am aware.

closed #12