ATC not showing up

I was on final approach and had to divert because ATC would not show up. Internet connection was good, I was within range, and I did not exit IF at any time during the flight. A friend I was flying with encountered the same issue. What could the issue be and how can it be resolved? Thanks.

1 Like

Did you try disconnecting from WiFi for 30 seconds and then reconnecting?

If not, try it next time this occurs. Seems to resolve most cases.

A common issue. Try the steps above.

If you cant gain access to a controlled frequency at all (if you can then request frequency change), either exit your game (best suggestion), or change your callsign to ‘NORDO’ and hope ATC can clear your path for you.

If I do change to “NORDO”, does this mean I can still proceed and not get reported? I did read somewhere that changing your username/callsign to “ATCISSUES” or something along the lines of that does not exempt you from being reported.

If you get reported for not being able to contact a frequency, get in touch with a mod and they’ll reverse it for you. Generally speaking, though, IFATC will recognize your callsign and try to fit you around their traffic to get you to your destination. We won’t report unless you’re interfering with others, so priority #1 is staying away from close pilots.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t be able to put ‘ATCISSUES’ since the callsign is too long. IFATC are trained to know what ‘NORDO’ means and how to deam with it.

‘NORDO’ means ‘No Radio’, and is used in the real world.

1 Like

So this means I can still fly into the controlled airport? I understand diversion makes sense but I was a bit annoyed because I couldn’t fly into my destination airport, and would very much prefer to proceed towards my destination airport if possible.

1 Like

I see, glad I learned something today.

2 Likes

That’s what this amazing fourm is for!

2 Likes

It depends on traffic levels, really. If the airspace isn’t too busy and the steps above don’t work, you can try changing your callsign and approaching the airport as usual. Stay clear of other planes and always give way to those who are connected to the frequency.

If there’s a lot of planes, though, I would recommend diverting or ending your flight. You could always try, but the higher traffic levels mean that there’s a much higher chance of you interfering (even by accident), which would give a reason for the controller to report you. In my eyes, diverting is a simpler option than getting ghosted and having to go through the appeal process.

Hopefully this doesn’t happen to you again, but if it does, you should be all right. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions. Happy flying!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.