ATC not open at EBBR

Ground and Tower Frequenices I will handle. May I have someone be Approach and/or departure please? I want to see a lot of planes there please! Thanks a lot IFATC ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†

1 Like

Iโ€™ll be approach

I will be departure and no I canโ€™t be departure

1 Like

I could probably fly in a few minutes

Maybe you should try approach since you teached all us IFATC about it a few days ago.

6 Likes

Great! Thank you!

1 Like

I know yโ€™all are testing me!

Iโ€™m charging my phone a little bit :)

So, a few things. For someone who tried to teach us approach, you know surprisingly little. You need to have a thorough grasp of the concept of a pattern to be a tower controller. The legs are crosswind, downwind, base, and final. If I report my position, you need to give me a sequence, followed by an option clearance so I can do a touch and go. I didnโ€™t receive a single one, nor a single sequence. That was a very poor showing. I also received some messages in the air that made no sense, like no intersection departures. Next time you try to teach IFATC something, make sure you know what youโ€™re talking about first.

2 Likes

You never asked for touch and go

what region is EBBR in?

I never asked for a touch and go. Letโ€™s just think about that for a minute. I was there for ten minutes. I touched down on the runway and took off again approximately 20 times. Being that Iโ€™m an IFATC, I know what ATC commands mean. Therefore, I requested somewhere in the area of 20 touch and goes. Not exactly 0.

Itโ€™s in Amsterdam.

ok, cool, is it still going on?, oh EBBR is brusels, isnโ€™t it?

Yes it is. Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s still happening.

oh, ok at least i got the airport right lol!

1 Like

Amsterdam, Netherlands

thxa, someone already answered, but thanks again for responding! :)

That was a mess. Iโ€™m asking to takeoff and Iโ€™m getting clearances while there is a 747 taking off on the same runway. After that, I asked for a GPS approach and got โ€œThe frequency is busy, please be patientโ€ so I asked again and got the same response. What am I supposed to do as the pilot at that point? You know Iโ€™m inbound for landing and the least you couldโ€™ve done is sequenced me to follow someone else in the pattern instead of trying to deal with one person at a time. I suggest practicing with ground and learning to manage airplanes that are barely moving before you step up to tower. Never mind trying your hand as approach. Good luck.

2 Likes

Circle around the airport until I give you clearance