ATC not hearing you?? Still a problem

Is anyone else having trouble with ATC not heading you? I keep getting warned that I’m in an active airspace and to contact the tower which I do repeatedly to no avail. The other day I was reported when this happened on the expert server so I’ve quite using that server for fear I’ll get reported again for trying to do what they tell me. Any advice? Pres69 thanks…update. Ok so I’ve tak n everyone’s advice, I haven’t left the app, made sure I have a strong WiFi signal, I just tried two back to back flights at KMIA, it wasn’t busy at all, kmia ground hears me through pushback and taxi then tower hears me through take off and they pass me off to kmia departure (I remain In the pattern both flights and am told to make left traffic which I do). Soon as I turn base they start with the “you are in an active airspace please contact kmia approach” which I do… nothing repeatedly I check in, I then switch to kmia tower report on final…nothing more requests to contact the tower. This happened twice in a row…I feel like I’m the only one having this problem I keep canceling my flights for fear of ghosting

7 Likes

Who was the contoller?

Are you sure you had a strong connection to the internet? A poor connection often causes these issues.

5 Likes

Next do what i did. Press your home button for 30-45 seconds and then re enter the app :) also a mod posted something like that but i cant find the topic.

Did you step out of the app at all? This is known to increase bad connections with ATC. It has happened to me twice.

2 Likes

Another thing Is that if you fly into a busy airport you may be liable to not have a strong enough connection to contact tower with everyone else around which has happened to me when flying into places like KJFK or KLAX.

Those are the two airports it’s happened at the most

Actually yes I think I did ok good tip thank you

1 Like

I will try all of these recommendations thank all of you!

You shouldn’t have been ghosted

Are you flying on cellular data?

No WiFi, it’s so frustrating, the airport I depart from can hear me no problem but for instance just now I flew from LAX to SFC and soon as I got into the area I checked in with NorCal approach who gave a roger radar contact then when they told me to contact San Fran tower I did 3TIMES…only to be continuously warned that I was in an active airspace and to call the tower…so I just had to once again cancel my flight on approach… it’s so frustrating I’m about to stop flying live

I don’t know how to look up who the controller was unless I get reported but I’ve been canceling my flights before that happens-update. Ok so I’ve tak n everyone’s advice, I haven’t left the app, made sure I have a strong WiFi signal, I just tried two back to back flights at KMIA, it wasn’t busy at all, kmia ground hears me through pushback and taxi then tower hears me through take off and they pass me off to kmia departure (I remain In the pattern both flights and am told to make left traffic which I do). Soon as I turn base they start with the “you are in an active airspace please contact kmia approach” which I do… nothing repeatedly I check in, I then switch to kmia tower report on final…nothing more requests to contact the tower. This happened twice in a row…I feel like I’m the only one having this problem I keep canceling my flights for fear of ghosting. Please can’t you point me in the direction of someone that might be able to help. This is sooo frustrating… thank you PRES69

I can only help you with your first question. When you open the ATC panel in the game to transmit a message, on the top you should see the METAR of the airport he is controlling at. Also the Displayname of the controller followed by the time in minutes is displayed. Second option: Go onto the map in game and tap onto the airport he is controlling. You should a little pop up which shows the airport, the wind and also in brackets 2/3/4 ATC. Tap on it to get more airport information and under info you should see the stations which are open at the moment and also the name of the controllers.
Hope your problem gets solved soon.
Cheers

Do a screen capture recording of one of your flights. Upload it to YouTube, then post a link to it in the Support thread.

That happens to me too

How do I record one of my flights? That’s a great idea

It seems to be happening more and more frequently lately…so frustrating

I take it that this is happening on the training server, and not the expert server?

Actually both I got reported on the expert server when it happened the first time (which they later reversed) but since then I’ve been sticking to the training server until I can figure out the problem. I don’t want to get ghosted again for something that isn’t my fault.