ATC love

Anyone else able to sit for hours listening to ATC in real life? I think I’m in love just with the way ATC speak and the way callsigns and winds and “line up and waits” are conveyed. It’s just so magical for me. This is one reason I’m so much in love with aviation.
Lol guilty secret, I’ve spear many a night falling asleep to “speedbird909 turn right heading 230 climb and maintain flight level 190”.
Anyone else?

20 Likes

I highly recommend watching the video if you love just listening to ATC. So amazing! ❤️

6 Likes

I like it too🍔

I’m glad mate

Am I the only who can’t understand the stuff ATC says? It sounds “blurry” on the radio… maybe just me

4 Likes

It takes a practiced ear but I’ve listened to these so many times that I actually start comparing how it sounds in real life to IF ATC. Very entertaining to hear “continue approach 3 for 09L”

1 Like

It’s kind of boring though. Are there any takeoffs in this video?

Horror you maybe…thrilling to me :)

1 Like

While eating I just like to watch takeoffs and landings at London City.

1 Like

During a long car ride, instead of listening to radio, I listen to ATC.

3 Likes

I love DCA tower! The airport is usually using runway 01/19 and the controllers always impress me with their fast clearances using one runway. Sometimes they do intersection departures and arrivals which are always fun to listen too!

1 Like

It’s really fun listening if you know the airport layout. Then you can sort of visualize where each aircraft is.

1 Like

I enjoy watching them , but only for a short period of time. I’m sure you have heard of Kennedy Steve who is probably the most funniest and coolest ATC controller out there.

If not check him out in action !

5 Likes

I love listening to ATC. I think it’s fascinating! My most visited site is probably LiveATC.com by now.

1 Like

Wow, wait for the video to load and slowly drag your finger on the time selector. It works as a time lapse

What was the “get in there!”

1 Like

I also love listening to ATC conversations.
I just love this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHj-sVIZ64w

1 Like

I like to make my own😌

4 Likes

Who knows , probably another controller happy with his landing sequencing or maybe the football is on the T.V. up in the tower !? Haha

1 Like

Lol we’ll never know and the suspense is killing me 😂

1 Like