ATC LIVE For Infinite Flight/Live Flight

I’m not 100% sure if this has already been made as it’s not showing up in the topic similar box.

But A live Atc website or integrated into LiveFlight would be a cool idea as instead of actually being there in the game we could just listen to the ATC audio so we can follow via Live Flight. It also can help for live streams integrating the both together for a better stream or for better tracking when either doing it publicly or privately. As I have heard in the past all the atc calls made by users are saved and stored for I’m guessing changes for atc in the future. It could be streamed and still stored but for airports just click on an airport and a play atc button. This would also be a cool additional feature for IFATC as it would be more realistic for those who use the tracker during the events.

The way i see it working as explained down below:
When the user hits the atc button and selects an option it creates text which is then converted into speech. So if you added another direction for that text an external link or via the API then it sends the text to also another place where another text to speech program can run. They wouldn’t need to send the actual audio to the external place but just the text.

first one to vote

1 Like

I like the Idea of integration as a link in infinite fliht that will open a tab without redirecting you so you can chat

1 Like

but this would be much harder

1 Like

When the user hits the atc button and selects a option it creates text which is then converted into speech. So if you added another direction for that text a external link or via the API then it send the text to also another place where another text to speech program can run. They wouldn’t need to send the actual audio to the external place but just the text.

aaaand. there goes your vote!

Umm okay then

Make sure to vote for your own request :)

I’ve talked to Cam about this before. I quote;

Great voted but your idea will be quite tough for Infinite Flight team to implement.

2 Likes

As i explained it wouldnt be to difficult all you have to do is add a code line that says (also direct to this link or place) and then just run the text to speech converter on the website. We arnt talking about in the app because there would be no point the whole goal is to be able to listen outside of the app.

I actually have done this four times. Once each on round trip on a flight to PBI that I was on utilizing the jetBlue FlyFi to remain connected-iPhone using foreflight and LiveATC and my iPad had IF running. I last did it just this past Sunday. I had family flying down to PBI-so I departed “with them” in IF-I was able to track them via LiveATC with audio to about ORF (Norfolk VOR) and flightradar24.

I had LiveATC coverage of:
Ground, Tower, Departure, Approach (crossing over the Approach controller’s area prior to handoff to center) and the following Centers:
ZBW_CTR (3 frequency handoffs)
ZNY_CTR (two handoffs)
ZDC_CTR (one handoff)
and then that was it-unfortunately much of ZJX_CTR isn’t covered and KPBI is no longer covered by LiveATC (anyone in the Palm Beach area want to sponsor a feed???)

But it was a lot of fun. I got a couple of real good shortcuts-my first was Direct to SWL (Snow Hill VOR) the second was Direct to DIW (Dixon NDB-on the way to the WATRS or “AR” routes-AR19 in this case) and I lost coverage thereafter-south of ORF after a handoff to a sector of ZDC_CTR that wasn’t covered. I landed about 4 minutes prior to their flight landing.