ATC lets guy get in front of me

So, I’m not sure if this is fair or not, but I was at EGLL on the tower frequency just now, and I go to ask if I could take off on Runway 09R. There was a guy coming to the same runway who didn’t even ask to takeoff. Believe it or not, ATC asked me to hold my position for a guy who didn’t report his takeoff. Someone on 09L asked to takeoff, but this guy, ended up getting in front of me. ATC guy went by Max Burell and quit before one of us could take off. So, this guy who got in front of me was clogging up the runway, and if you could request people who aren’t taking off to take off, I would. I just got back in my old place in line and took off.

3 Likes

That’s definitely not fair at all. But it serves as a purpose, such as letting him go first to let traffic flow. But clogging up the runway seems a little “peculiar” tell us more…

1 Like

Sounds like the playground server

1 Like

“I knew you were trouble when you walked in” xD

I’ve stayed put in a gate before, but never clogged a runway, I make sure I take off. If I was a better pilot I would be using Advanced. I mean when I do ATC people taxi through grass, and I tell him not to, then I report him if he continues. I’ve never had an incident like this one before.

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of the guy who got in front of me

Sounds like your on the playground but even then it’s possible that he was on tower before you switched over and requested take off clearance before you did. Which he was probably cleared to do since it was just you two approaching the runway.

But I was the one who was on tower ever since I started taxiing, and I made it to the runway before the other plane got there.

Oh then he’s just new did tower end after that?

Crazy things like that happen all the time in the playground if you want a serious experience always check the advanced server first.

On the advanced server once I was holding short at the second to the end runway entrance at KSAN. A plane on the other side was lining up to takeoff. Then, a fighter who just spawned in zooms up to the hold short, and the ATC lets them take off. Then, 2 planes spawn with about a minute between them at the hold short, and are both cleared for takeoff each time while the ATC makes me hold short, and there’s about 5 planes waiting behind me. This was all with moderate-heavy inbound traffic so there was a good minute or two between departures. I was pretty mad.

1 Like

Your situation is diffent from mine…i was controlling on Advance Server at KNUC…and one guy called in first and was given taxi clearance…then shortly after i cleared an Etihad for taxi and that guy while taxiing rushed thru & passed out the first guy to beat him to the hold short area. So i said,“no worries” the first guy was given take-off clearance while i told Etihad to hold position.

3 Likes

KSAN is a mess if there arent experienced ATC controllers. happend to me as well. I was holding short for about 20min before i rage quitted

3 Likes

Is there a Ground ATC command “Hold In Place” or similar? Appears “Holding”
a miscreant who violates the yellow taxi line or jumps the “Q” would send the frequent violaters a msg. RTFM…

You know what the say about excuses… Correct this continual problem!
A lesson Learned List should be provided to all new ATC aspirants. “Holding” violaters would be an interim solution particularly on the Playground. HAND.

There is a ground command called hold position.

1 Like

The problem with KSAN is the hold short spawn point. If someone spawns there, it’s impossible to let you taxi to the runway without going through someone. The hold short spawn points are being removed.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me today at KLAX. I was waiting for TO RWY 25L and ATC asked me to hold position. ATC then cleared an Air Canada behind me. The AC passed on me and took-off.

Not very happy… 😢

1 Like

Welcome back max!

1 Like