ATC issue.

This is more or less of a guess at why this may have happened(tried finding the ATC on IFC but no luck).
Another player and I spawned at KPHX in 172s for some pattern work, I got taxi clearance, held short and announced that I was going to remain in the pattern. The tower proceeded with " Pattern work unable, straight out departure approved ", so I go on my way then the other 172 holding short behind me asks for pattern work and is granted to do pattern work via left traffic. I then requested once again to approach 26 and got handed off to departure and was ignored from that point on.
Any guesses?

1 Like

What’s the name of the ATC and was this on the expert server or training?

2 Likes

I can’t remember, it was literally just a bunch of random letters and numbers mashed together. It was in the training server.

Unfortunately there cannot be any sanctions in TS… Anyways, let’s try to find the name of the ATC. Maybe he didn’t know how it works.

2 Likes

Ah in that case a lot of controllers are not as experienced or are learning so i wouldnt be surprised if there are niggles with the service they provide. Unfortunately the expert server is the place to go for great ATC.

2 Likes

No point in bringing up training server ATC issues to be honest.

As I referred to in the post, I was trying to guess as to why this may have happened. Traffic procedures. etc etc?

It’s because they don’t know what they’re doing most likely. Thus the reason that we usually don’t talk about training server ATC on here.

1 Like

Some people don’t realise what a pattern is, and guesses what it is. He probably thought you meant departure and did’nt say where, so he said that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.