ATC instructions

Even though this is a simple straight forward instruction, what do i do when an aircraft calls imbound with or without a specific runway request? Do i just say number 1,2 etc cleared to land? And yes i went through the guide but does not give me a good understanding

2 Likes

1- Pattern Entry (Example: Enter left downwind)
2- Sequence (Number 2, traffic to follow is on final)(This can be included with the pattern entry as well)
3- Clear (Celared to Land)

1 Like

This is for an aircraft that comes international right?

If you operate without radar, all aircraft must enter your pattern. So you give pattern entry, sequence is required and then a landing clearance.

1 Like

@tunamkol Unless they’ve been cleared for an approach! Here’s the ATC manual section that explains everything you asked:

1 Like

Mind giving an example but i have an understanding now

I couldn’t really understand your question, sorry. Could you explain a bit more?

1 Like

Thank you!

Like if an aircraft is coming from london and he calls inbound for JFK

1 Like

Yes now saw that thanks

This applies for all aircraft (who haven’t been cleared for an approach)

1 Like

This clears everything thank you

1 Like

Whether it’s an international or domestic inbound is irrelevant.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks

Radar (i.e. approach, departure, center) can clear an aircraft for an approach. If they’re cleared for an ILS, you only give a landing clearance. If they’re cleared for a visual, you give a sequence if necessary and then a clearance. If they’re cleared via radar vectors or are flight following, you give a pattern entry, sequence if necessary, and finally a clearance (which you would always do if there was no radar controller).

1 Like

And i will see if its visual etc at the bar by their callsign right?

1 Like

Yes, you should.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the help

1 Like

Yep… but you could also go click on the aircraft and go to the menu to see past ATC transmissions from other frequencies. You’ll find you have to do this a lot because aircraft tend to call in to tower incorrectly, such as reporting that they’re on final when they should say they’re inbound on the visual/ILS.

1 Like