ATC instructions

Hi,

1. Yesterday I was approaching SCEL. Due to an aircraft in the runway I was Instructed to go-round, make right traffic. I immediately took a right and contacted approach once evrything was stable. Upon contacting approach, the controller assigned me an alltitude and direction, but I could not turn left as per instructed as there was a mountain right in front and i would have ended up crashing.
    I did not have the option for “unable” hence I replied with “i’m sorry”. The controller instructed me again and i replied with same. Once again I was instructed to follow instructions and replied with the same. Finally once I could turn left I did but before that I was told that if I do not follow instructions I will get ghosted.
    What should I have done?

2. After flying at the instructed heading and alltitude Approach got shut so I contacted Tower. Tower instructed me to contact Approach as it has opened up by then. So, I conatcted Approach and then I started recieving multiple “on the gaurd warnngs from the Tower”. What should be done?

3 Likes

Best thing to do is to contact the controllers via pm and resolve this directly with them

3 Likes

PM the controller

1 Like

Well, I don’t know if it was me, but if the controller is called Arthur, send me a PM :)

1 Like

I dont remeber who the controller was. when i was going to check the approach got called off.

I dont remeber who the controller was. when i was going to check the approach got called off.

okay. Thanks

Actually, sorry I don’t think you can do that. Perhaps pm a mod and they should be able to check if you give them the rough time this occurred and put you in contact with the controller

Do you have the time (in Zulu) of the incident?

1 Like

7:30 Zulu time

The approach controller at 0730Z was @Jamie_Ye. The new approach controller took over at 0819Z, with @anon28254084 on tower. As Binary mentioned, feel free to contact these controllers to discuss what occurred. If these aren’t the right people, let me know and we’ll do some more research. :)

Have a good one!

3 Likes

I dont think im the one, i dont remember gving someone a GA.

@Karthik_Khosla hello sir, I believe I was your controller on that day, I’ll send you a private message so that we can discuss what has happened and what action you could take otherwise, because we are not allowed to talk about this on a public post, thanks!

2 Likes

Oh yeah never mind, I found you, are you AIVA096?

1 Like

Yes, I was

I would fly as close to the heading & altitude as possible and if you got report for it just contact the controller. You can’t just fly into the mountain and contact the controller later on. Just try your best while flying and let him know why you did that. I‘m pretty sure a report would be reversed for that (if given)

Controller has been notified, no further discussion needed

1 Like

Controller notified.