ATC in training server

To ATC experts for the training server.
When I can use feature report someone… when the pilot did not listen instructions with the ATC?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the Report button is not functional. The devs disabled it to prevent abuse. Training Server is for pilots who are trying to train, but there are those who like to goof around.

7 Likes

Yep, you can’t report in TS

2 Likes

Because about a week ago. I saw a person who was reporting a person who had broken the instructions ATC in the training server

The only people who can report someone as ATC are IFATC members and we aren’t allowed to control on training server unless doing training for radar positions. However, moderators can ghost users as pilots but that’s very unlikely on training server as it is an environment for new pilots to learn how to communicate with ATC and learn the rules of flying

3 Likes

Maybe you were on Expert Server? Or they might have sent the command “Notam will be enforced by ghosting” some controllers use this command to get people to listen but most of the time they just don’t know what they are doing and might send the command.

3 Likes

Was it a moderator, perhaps?

1 Like

Unfortunately. I don’t remember the name [ATC] at the time when he reported him.

No, I’m sure he was in the training server

Chances are that ATC broadcasted that NOTAMS will be enforced by ghosting, which caused the pilot to leave. The only way ATC can ghost on training server are if they’re IFATC, who aren’t allowed to control there.

2 Likes

Okay then,
Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion on this inquiry

1 Like

ATC are also sometimes not fully capable on the training server as that is where we train. Some ATC may not know and could also misuse the report button, hence another reason why it is broken.

1 Like

In defence of training server ATC…We are not provided with 100 percent of the tools IFATC has while controlling as we may not understand how to use all available options and when to use them/pilots on the training server may not understand the commands given and how to execute such commands while flying and communication with ATC.as they are complex

Disclaimer: Training Server is a mixed bag of Pilots…meaning some pilots fly both ES and TS airspace. It still eludes me that pilots can fly ES but still fly TS…🤔 but some will complain about the ATC services provided by ATC in training 🤦🏽‍♂️…wouldn’t you want expert all the time 🤷🏾‍♂️However ATC on the training server is reserved for TRAINING ATC only…ONLY upper management of IFATC may control on TS and not at all times and that’s usually to train ATC that are currently seeking IFATC certificates …Some days you receive great service from ATC on the training server as a pilot…some days not so great…as in ATC issuing off the wall wrong commands 🤦🏽‍♂️Some days ATC receive great communication from pilots when you issued correct commands…some days pilots don’t listen to correct commands and just do what they wanna under the umbrella of…its training server after all

2 Likes

The only difference is you cant ghost. But every tool is there

6 Likes

Not true…no ATIS is one

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.