Hello, this is to provide some feedback for the person who was controlling Sydney Kingston Tower in Sydney on the Advanced server for the past hour or so. I think this person needs more experience with ATC before controlling on Advanced. Here’s my experience with this person:
- Requested takeoff 16R, Remaining in the pattern
- Cleared for takeoff, make right traffic.
- “Frequency change approved” immediately after takeoff.
- Announced incoming for touch and goes.
- Was told they’d call my base.
- Asked me to turn base. I started my right turn using autopilot.
- Immediately asked (no more than three seconds) to follow instructions. Made a very abrupt turn just to make sure this person wasn’t going to ghost me.
- Cleared to land on a different runway than the one I was on halfway through final descent
- Requested runway change.
- Told to follow instructions.
- Requested departure to the west and frequency change.
One thing I noticed was this person continuously giving a direction and then immediately asking the pilot to follow instructions. “Exit runway when able and contact ground, please expedite. Please follow instructions”, “Cleared for immediate takeoff. Please follow instructions”. I saw a number of planes jump off the map, I’m hoping they rage quit and were not ghosted. I believe the ATC controller was something like “Mr Jabb” or “Mr Jann”, something like that.
Will post pictures momentarily.