ATC "I'm sorry"

I’ve had live for a few days now and have noticed something that keeps annoying me. The thing is, that when ATC says: “I’m sorry” to you (or Visa Versa) there is no option for “it’s ok” or “no problem”. I know it’s not needed, but I feel bad when I just have to say nothing. Anyway that’s all I was thinking about, interested to see if anyone thinks the sameness

17 Likes

Say thank you?

14 Likes

It can be interpreted in many ways. I think there should be an option “no problem” or “it isn’t your fault”.
The second one is for situations in which, for example, you have to go around and the controller thinks it is because he did something wrong.

7 Likes

Hey @Aren_Briggs,

Firstly welcome to the community , this is more a #features request so wait until you are TL2 ( Member ) to post stuff like this as you are TL0( New user). I do agree with you thou as I sometimes feel that ,“Thank you” is not the correct word considered in the context.

3 Likes

You’re welcome is my goto.

9 Likes

This is highly needed in Infinite flight. I think about it every time someone on live says “I’m sorry”. And as you said, just a simple Misc. Message saying that’s fine or all good.

3 Likes

I posted this topic a while back as my sentiment is the same. Most of the time nothing major has happened and I’ll simply reply with thank you. Or with silence, knowing the controller is aware of the minor mishap and all is good. The best policy is to try to not clog the frequency with too much courtesy.

2 Likes

Or how about “Let’s together for coffee later and talk things over.” Might as well since you want to spare him from having hurt feelings ¯_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

I don’t like Coffee :( I’m British I like Tea!

9 Likes

@Robertdiaz123 is too American 😂

I agree on the fact that there should be more misc messages.

5 Likes

Is that so? We’ll I think we have the basics and don’t need anymore. Remember, we aren’t here to have some heartfelt conversations with the ATC. All you have to do is do what they say and that’s it.

3 Likes

I would send back “Please follow instructions” if it were an option. 😆

5 Likes

Controlling in IF is so much harder than it is in real life. That is because you have the ability to talk person to person in real life. Everyone (for the most part) knows what is going on and why ATC has told them to do something. I’ve listened to live ATC talk and you’ll hear the controllers say “Hold short runway XX, traffic 2 mile final”; whereas, in IF you have no way to tell them why. Not that you need to, it just makes it more difficult because people get impatient because they don’t know why they are being instructed to do something. I just think a few more misc messages would be nice.

6 Likes

I’d send this:
“Please check the forum for instructions for being ATC”

4 Likes

No it isn’t, sorry. Lol.

2 Likes

A real world controller once said something almost just like that right here on the community. Someone asked him and he said it’s easier in real life. I can’t find the exact quote.

I can’t say too much else because I’m not a real world controller. I was simply saying you have an advantage in real life. Experienced pilots, people willing to be patient and follow instructions issued, etc. In IF you have a whole different stress to worry about and have to direct a part of your attention. Then again, IRL you have the stress that people’s lives are in your hands. Both have their pros and cons.

1 Like

Well, it might be easier in real life to get your point across, but all in all, controlling on IF is quite easy. You don’t have to worry about wake turbulence separation, delivery, coordination, procedures, the ruleset in the PANS-ATM, local procedures etc.

1 Like

You probably mean this post: [CLOSED] I'm a FAA certified controller on the IFATC team..... AMA!!

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to say. Relates back to the original topic of misc messages. Hard to word it properly. Apologies for the confusion. :)

I did however read this:

To which he continued with this… :P So yes, much easier to get your point across, but you don’t have all the rules you need to follow.

1 Like